Elder questions

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

DonCampbell
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Elder questions

Post by DonCampbell »

I've taken an interest in the Elders of the Universe lately and have been gathering information about their appearances. In checking the MCP for their listings, I find myself with two comments and two questions.

1. Matani, the Collector's deceased wife, has a listing on the MCP but it contains two omissions. First, there is no "[ELDER]" to the right of her name. Second, her only listed appearance is SS3 3, when she briefly returned from the dead. She actually first appeared in a single panel of A 174-FB where she was shown holding her infant child and standing beside a young-looking Collector.

2. There are also no "[ELDER]" tags on the entries for Architect, Caregiver, Ego (and shouldn't that be "Ego the Living Planet?"), Explorer, and Judicator. Also, the Contemplator Imposter is not listed as "[SKRULL]" but that may be because there are doubts that the fake Contemplator who appeared in SS3 is the same as the fake Contemplator who appeared in Q 47-48 (who definitely was a Skrull).

3. Does the MCP contain a listing for the Collector's daughter? I've checked under "Carina" and "Walters, Carina" but there was nothing. Of course, as revealed in A 175, "Carina" was actually an alias, a name she took as part of her mission to spy on Michael, so maybe she's listed elsewhere.

4. In the Runner's chronology, why is Q 17 before TQ 2? The Thanos Quest LS was published before Quasar #17, Quasar #24 takes place early in the Infinity Gauntlet storyline, and I thought that it took Thanos some time to get used to wielding the Infinity Gauntlet. Or maybe it was just the fact there were seven months worth of Silver Surfer issues between TQ and IG that is throwing me off.

Don Campbell
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Elder questions

Post by Russ Chappell »

DonCampbell wrote:3. Does the MCP contain a listing for the Collector's daughter? I've checked under "Carina" and "Walters, Carina" but there was nothing. Of course, as revealed in A 175, "Carina" was actually an alias, a name she took as part of her mission to spy on Michael, so maybe she's listed elsewhere.
She's listed under her married name: KORVAK, CARINA WALTERS.
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe