Hashing out X-Men post utopa-pre regenesis (now expanded)

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Emerald_616
Hero
Hero

Re: Hashing out X-Men post utopa-pre regenesis

Post by Emerald_616 »

Is there an appearance of another character that contradicts Uncanny X-Men #520-522 being after Necrosha? I'm asking because Magneto wakes up from his coma during the second act of Second Coming, but he's fully functional and part of the Muir Island team during Necrosha.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

Great catch Emerald 616,
I'll correct for it tomorrow morning. If you have the solution and want to post it up before than let me know. The island sinking and Magneto coming up with the solution is why I have it all together and him wanting to prove himself to the X-Men. Also Beast leaves during this arc. I'm pretty sure we can break it up if need be.
Emerald_616
Hero
Hero

Post by Emerald_616 »

I don't think they have to be moved far. 519 shows Namor and Magneto discussing the pillar solution and ends with Scott containing the Void sliver in his mind and Beast's departure. 520 shows Scott sending the team to investigate the Predator-X attacks to New York. Then he has a meeting where Magneto comes in late and reveals the pillar solution. Scott yells at him for usurping chain of command and Magneto goes off to retrieve Kitty Pryde's bullet to gain Scott's trust.
Prior to this we also see Namor working to begin the pillar. Considering the pillar construction, I think that provides a definite gap between 519 and 520 where Necrosha could go since it happens within the span of a night.

Also, since Magneto is conscious in X-Force 22 and X-Men Legacy 231-234, 520-520 should be placed after these. In addition, I think they could even go between New Mutants 9 and 10 or after both, since NM 9 is Necrosha aftermath and 10 doesn't have many continuity clues except that it goes before Siege.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

It's adjusted Emerald 616. Also place set Dark Reign -The List. I know some issues will come between.
Emerald_616
Hero
Hero

Psylocke mini

Post by Emerald_616 »

Hi again all,

I'm trying to place the Psylocke 4 issue mini series among the earlier entries in the list.

Emma has the void fragment inside her head in issue #1 of this mini, so it definitely occurs before Uncanny 515, but since Wolverine goes with her, I can't quite place how his appearance here fits around Wolverine: Origins 41-45 and Wolverine: The Best Their Is 1-12. Also, Psylocke appears in Emplate and the Agents of Atlas mini.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

Alright Emerald,
I think that brings up another problem I overlooked having is Emma being trapped in her diamond form until the end of 519, which is the same issue Beast leaves.

Emma is in diamond form in X-Men Legacy Annual. (So that story can stay were it is at) and she does not appear in the other Legacy issues tied to that story. I'll check the other issues when I get off work.

I think this will cause a problem with Beast, and we will have to move Best their is to around Second Coming and assumed he stayed longer before leaving again.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

Deadpool checks out.
Dark Reign: The List-X-Men checks out.
X-Men vs. Atlas checks out.

I'm removing Wolverine: The Best There Is off of this list because it takes place while the X-Men were at Graymalkin, before Utopia.

Emerald what is the problem with Wolverine: Origins?
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

Hey Emerald 616 and Frans,

I moved Wolverine: Origins down based on the fact that Emma is freed from her diamond state. I added in Psylocke 1-4. See if this meets with your approval. Also are there any other X-Titles that need added based on Emma's being stuck in her diamond state to this first part of the list.
Emerald_616
Hero
Hero

Post by Emerald_616 »

I didn't have any problems with Wolverine: Origins itself, I was just wondering how Wolverine's appearance in the Psylocke mini fit around the W:O issues.

EDIT: I like the way it looks, and I can detect no problems. I'm also excited to see SWORD added in!!
Emerald_616
Hero
Hero

Post by Emerald_616 »

I've been thinking about how to place the Dark Angel Saga. Does anyone have an argument against it going between Schism #5 and the X-Men: Regenesis special? Warren appears in Schism fighting Sentinels but then Emma mentions the fact that Warren is out of the picture to continue funding Utopia in the Regenesis special. The entire Saga itself takes place in only a few days, and shortly before Regenesis, since the Extinction team's second story arc is about visiting this new mysterious alien landscape Tabula Rasa, which was just created by the Lifeseed.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

I've added in the Nation X limited series. All of the stories seem to have to do with the set-up and early stages of the island, except 3, which are a little farther down the list, the funeral for Diamond Lil is after Necrosha, and the other two stories have Emma freed of the Void and I placed them after the Necrosha story.
Frans
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Frans »

Emerald_616 wrote:I've been thinking about how to place the Dark Angel Saga. Does anyone have an argument against it going between Schism #5 and the X-Men: Regenesis special? Warren appears in Schism fighting Sentinels but then Emma mentions the fact that Warren is out of the picture to continue funding Utopia in the Regenesis special. The entire Saga itself takes place in only a few days, and shortly before Regenesis, since the Extinction team's second story arc is about visiting this new mysterious alien landscape Tabula Rasa, which was just created by the Lifeseed.
Hi Emerald 616, I always assumed that the Dark Angel Saga was better placed after Schism and the Regenesis one-shot. As the latter intertwines heavily with the Schism aftermath, I don't expect Dark Angel Saga to fit in easily. I'm working on finetuning the whole Schism until the end of Jason's time line (for now). :outtahere:
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

I just moved X-Factor 200-202 up to before Nation X: X-Factor. In NX:XF Emma is still trapped by the Void, and all of X-Factor couldn't even possibly together until after Second Coming. I think were going to have to assume that Layla and Shatterstar returned temporarily to honor Cyclops's invitation and transport X-Factor to Utopia then the two of them returned to Doom for whatever reason, before M went in search of her father that leads into Second Coming.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

I've been reviewing Incredible Hulk no.600-605 and Incredible Hulks 606-611. I'm pretty sure that 600-605 take place before Utopia and that 606-611 take place after and also after the Hulk Code Red thing, but before I remove them I kinda wanted to see if I missed anything relevant. Doom war (the X-Men are already on Utopia) is going to have to take place before Fall of the Hulks.

Any problem removing the 600-605?
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

I've been reviewing the Incredible Hulk stuff up to World War Hulks and started placing it. I've been reviewing the comics as well as Paul's notes on this era, as well as the DoomWar thread.

I removed Incredible Hulk 600-605, which seems to take place before Utopia

In reviewing this it seems to me it is Stark: Disassembled-> DoomWar 1-6 (up to the last pgs.)->Fall of the Hulks->World War Hulks->Siege->Second Coming-> Beginning of Heroic Age-> DoomWar 6 (last pgs). Does this seem right?

Also, I did not agree with Paul's placement of the back up's in Incredible Hulk 606-608, which are Modok and the Leader reviewing the events of Code Red and Red She-Hulk's actions during that event. Therefore they have to review them after the engagement.

I also had to take in account. Dark Reign the List and moved several of those issues.