Hashing out X-Men post utopa-pre regenesis (now expanded)

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Hashing out X-Men post utopa-pre regenesis (now expanded

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Jason Doty wrote:
My preliminary thinking on this is that there is a gap between no.3 and 4 where a lot of Wolverine must fit.
Yes, indeed. The upcoming Wolverine Index will spell that out.
Paul B.
Emerald_616
Hero
Hero

Post by Emerald_616 »

Jason Doty wrote:Emerald_616,

I've been doing some individual listings for X-Men characters and starting off Wolverine and the X-Men #1-3 need to come before the Astonishing issues, because Warbird arrives on Earth in Wolverine and the X-Men no.1 with Kid Gladiator.

My preliminary thinking on this is that there is a gap between no.3 and 4 where a lot of Wolverine must fit. Kitty is infected by the Brood at the end of no.4, which leads into no.5, and no.5-8 lead into Avengers vs. X-Men, with Wolverine being crippled in-between.

Your thoughts?
I agree that there isn't much space between Wolverine & the X-Men 8 & 9. Kitty's non-pregnant in New Mutants, Uncanny X-Force, Wolverine, and Astonishing X-Men probably place all of those in that time span.

The X-Men Legacy issues are probably between 4 & 5 due to the absence of Kitty, as well as W&TX:Alpha and Omega, IMO.
Frans
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Frans »

We've discussed placement of W&TX:Alpha and Omega a while ago. See the link below. Don't know if anything's changed in course of time.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6300&p=36759&hilit= ... ega#p36759
Emerald_616
Hero
Hero

Post by Emerald_616 »

Frans wrote:We've discussed placement of W&TX:Alpha and Omega a while ago. See the link below. Don't know if anything's changed in course of time.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6300&p=36759&hilit= ... ega#p36759
The absence of Kitty in Alpha & Omega does seem a bit strange, but I think the absence of Kitty in Legacy definitely puts Legacy in those "days" where she was in her room, as she was prominently featured in X-Men Legacy #266-267 as part of the teaching staff fighting the Avengers. I find it more believable that Kitty would keep her pregnancy hidden during the Legacy events and not come out of her room during the Exodus and Weapon Omega ruckus since the JGSHL staff was more rounded out with the likes of Rogue, Cannonball, Chamber, Frenzy, Gambit and Husk to help Rachel, Iceman, Beast and Wolverine.
Emerald_616
Hero
Hero

Post by Emerald_616 »

I requested the trades for Wolverine's solo title form v4 17-20 and 300-308 from the library, so sometime next week (after they arrive) I will re-read the Gold side of Regenesis and take extensive notes to piece them together.