Boomer Flashback in SWII 5

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Boomer Flashback in SWII 5

Post by Michael »

In SWII 5, there's a flashback of Boomer's father about to hit her as her mother looks on. (Or is it step-mother- I lost track of the continuity snarl that Tabitha's mother became- "She found about my powers shortly before I ran away", "she died in my arms", "my dad lied and told me she was dead".) This flashback should take place between XFOR -1 and XFOR 94-FB.
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Boomer Flashback in SWII 5

Post by metaldragon »

Really? Skid's mother died in her arms after Skid's abusive dad hit her and she fell and cracked the back of her head on the corner of an end table. It would be totally weird if Boomer's mum died in her arms too.

Any mention of, and backstory about Boomer's mum must have happened in the pages of later X-Force issues. My collecting became sporadic between 1996 and 2001. After that, Boomer didn't appear much.
"May the Light shine forever!"
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Michael »

Yeah, several readers have wondered if Nicieza got Skids and Tabitha mixed up because both had abusive dads.
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

Speaking of... I was wondering why she isn't listed as "Boom Boom" in her chronology before X-Force # 19 (the issue she changed it to Boomer)?
"May the Light shine forever!"