X-Factor's involvement in Second Coming?

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

X-Factor's involvement in Second Coming?

Post by Jason Doty »

I've been thinking about Nation X: X-Factor and the continuity issues it causes.

I'm just curious if X-Factor's part in Second Coming has to run concurrently with the events in the other titles. I was thinking that maybe Bastion decided to take out X-Factor prior to the other events in Second Coming?

Nation X: X-Factor takes place before Emma is freed from the Void and before Onyxx death in X-Necrosha, but X-Factor is not reunited until after their part in Second Coming.

I'm unsure how this would effect Bastion in comparison to X-Force and before Second Coming. I'll look into it, but was curious on anyone else's thoughts on this?
Frans
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: X-Factor's involvement in Second Coming?

Post by Frans »

Hi Jason,

I've got a very thorough chronology of Second Coming, which I will share with you the coming days (weeks depending on my spare time :) ). From top of my mind right now, I remember that the X-Factor issues had to be placed right after each other in the beginning of Second Coming. However there are clear pictures of Bastion and X-Men as well as X-Factor fighting. So there would be no space to place these issues before Second Coming. I'm quite sure of that.

I don't have access to the one-shot Nation X: X-factor, but is the sliver of the Void visible on Emma or is it mentioned in the issue. If not, we could state that Emma was comfortable in her second mutation during X-Factor's visit?
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

I'm pretty sure the sliver was shown and Onyxx who died in X-Necrosha was there.
Frans
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Frans »

Can 't Nation X: X-Factor be placed somewhere before X-Factor #200?
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

I guess it will have too. When Layla returns with Madrox from the future (v3 #50), she kinda drops him off and heads farther into the past to give her younger self memories so she "knows stuff." Then in v1 #200 I think she's already in Latveria. I can't think of another way to make this work.

Let me know if anyone else has thoughts on this continuity glitch.