X-Men v3 #28-FB

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Frans
Big Bad
Big Bad

X-Men v3 #28-FB

Post by Frans »

In X-Men v3 #28 a flashback to Secret Invasion takes place. Captain America, Ms Marvel, Thing and Cyclops are fighting Skrulls together. I don't think that's possible, because Cyclops (X-Men) and the Avengers did not fight Skrulls together, not even in the last issue, if I remember correctly.

One of the Skrulls thinks back to this fight, so we can easily neglect it, I think.

Am I correct in my views about this?
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: X-Men v3 #28-FB

Post by Russ Chappell »

Help me out here: Address the issue of why it can't be a new scene.
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
Frans
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Frans »

Maybe I've been a bit hasty. The flashback has to take place during the end of the Secret Invasion event. Nazum (Skrull) explains to Pixie that "the whole invasion was on the verge of ruin. All the Queen's plans up in smoke. Wen all looked lost, we ran". The pictures accompanying this text shows normal Skrulls with guns fighting Captain America, Ms Marvel, Thing AND Cyclops.

In SECRET INVASION v1 #8 the end battle shows nearly everyone fighting Skrulls, except for the X-Men, i.e. Cyclops. The X-Men fight Skrulls in San Francisco and not together with other heroes. So, it's not impossible that Cyclops fight Skrulls in New York, but is is highly unlikely. He simply wasn't there.

This could be a new scene, but I'm not sure where to place this. IMHO it's better to treat this as Nazum not remembering correctly (with Cyclops being there).
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

I think we're seeing a misremembered/misrepresented scene here. The cowardly Skrulls did flee the battlefield, and I have that event occurring between TB 125 (22) and SECINV 7 (9:2). However, Cap isn't present (he's dead) and Cyclops isn't here (he wasn't around). The only folks we can say were definitgely present in this scene were those Skrulls.
Paul B.