Flashback in Daughters of the Dragon #4

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Flashback in Daughters of the Dragon #4

Post by Paul Bourcier »

An analysis of Daughters of the Dragon #4 was submitted sometime back, and I just got around to reading it myself. There's a flashback in this issue to Misty Knight's last mission as a cop and the explosion that resulted in her losing her arm. The marvelunapp Master List places this flashback between IF 6-FB-FB and CX 2/2. We should add this to Misty's chronology. However, I don't know if this flashback occurs before or after PM&IF 59-FB, which is in Misty's MCP chronology between IF 6-FB-FB and CX 2/2. PM&IF 59-FB is not mentioned in the Master List. So the question is: does Misty have her real arm in PM&IF 59-FB or not?

To make the inclusion of this flashback complete, the only other named character in it is Detective Deering. He's not in the MCP, and this is his only appearance in the Master List.
Paul B.
DonCampbell
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Flashback in Daughters of the Dragon #4

Post by DonCampbell »

Paul Bourcier wrote:So the question is: does Misty have her real arm in PM&IF 59-FB or not?
There are two flashbacks in PM&IF 59. The first consists of 3 panels on page 11 which are a near-duplicate of the original flashback within a flashback from IM 6. Since there is no new material, this FB is irrelevant and is not counted.

The second flashback is a single panel on page 13 which shows Misty kneeling in the rubble of the bank explosion, huddled in on herself after the bomb went off in her hand. A man in a suit is standing besides her, telling her to stay calm and that an ambulance is on its way. It clearly takes place only seconds (or a very few minutes) after IF 6-FB-FB.

Don Campbell
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Don, doesn't the flashback in DOTD 4 begin on page 9 ("five years ago")? I don't see the FB panel on page 13, all of which occurs "now."

I found a copy of IF 6, so here's what I have:

MISTY KNIGHT
ASM 123-BTS | cf MARVELS 10TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
*DOTD 4 (9:1-11:4)-FB [add]
*IF 6 (4:5)-FB-FB [add page/panel]
*DOTD 4 (11:5-12:3)-FB [add]
*IF 6 (4:6)-FB-FB [add]
*DOTD 4 (12:4-12:5)-FB [add]
*IF 6 (4:7)-FB-FB [add]
PM&IF 59-FB
Paul B.
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Paul Bourcier wrote:Don, doesn't the flashback in DOTD 4 begin on page 9 ("five years ago")? I don't see the FB panel on page 13, all of which occurs "now."
Don is talking about 2 FB's in PM&IF 59, not DOD 4.
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Sorry about that, Don. Is the chronology I presented okay to everyone?
Paul B.