Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Leoparis
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

X-Men Legacy 2013

Post by Leoparis »

In issue #3 we see

flashback of David Haller, Pr X and Moira MacTaggert
David is tied to a table in a lab, Pr X says it's better to anesthetize David as he's got a speech at the UN. Moirea is dressed in the tight-fitting uniform she had during the Byrne era.

flashback of the New Mutants: Cannonball, Sunspot?, Mirage, Karma, Douglas Ramsey
Doug got his arm hurt and bleeding in the Danger Room
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: X-Men Legacy 2013

Post by Michael »

Leoparis wrote:In issue #3 we see

flashback of David Haller, Pr X and Moira MacTaggert
David is tied to a table in a lab, Pr X says it's better to anesthetize David as he's got a speech at the UN. Moirea is dressed in the tight-fitting uniform she had during the Byrne era.
The only time this can possibly take place is between NM 28 and UX 200. Xavier doesn't find out about Legion until NM 26-28, then after UX 200 he goes into space, then when he gets back Legion's mind is destroyed in the confrontation with the Shadow King, then when Legion wakes up the events of Age of Apocalypse take place and Legion doesn't get back to Earth-616 until after Moira's death.
Leoparis
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Leoparis »

I forgot to mention that Pr X is in his wheelchair. This might help to pinpoint more.
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Michael »

Leoparis wrote:I forgot to mention that Pr X is in his wheelchair. This might help to pinpoint more.
Xavier was walking betweeen NM 28 and UX 200. Of course, he was also dying in those issues, so it's possible that he was put in a wheelchair at some point for health reasons.
About the Danger Room flashback- are we supposed to assume that (a) Xavier is supervising the Danger Room session and (b)this takes place before Doug's return during Necrosha? Because Xavier supervising a Danger Room session with Karma and Doug is very iffy. Karma is possessed by the Shadow King in NM 6, and Doug doesn't learn about the New Mutants' powers until NM 21. Karma isn't freed from the Shadow King's control until NM 34, and at that point she so obese she can barely move. She returns to her normal weight while in Asgard in New Mutants Special Edition 1 and in Uncanny X-Men Annual 9, Loki returns her to Earth with the other New Mutants and the X-Men. The X-Men and New Mutants materialize in Paris in X-Men 200, where Xavier is helping to prepare Magneto's defense during his trial. Then Scott tells Xavier that the New Mutants have been sent to Muir Island. Meanwhile we see Maddie in the Mansion and the dialogue makes it clear that she is alone and unaware that Xavier is ill. Magneto's trial is (of course) attacked by super-villains, Xavier suffers a heart attack and Lilandra takes him into space to heal him, where he remains until after Doug's death in NM 60. It really doesn't make sense for Xavier to take a trip home to the Mansion in the middle of the trial, hide his condition from Maddie and then for the Muties to leave a very-pregnant Maddie alone in the Mansion.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Is there a possibility that these flashbacks, presented as memories of David's, are faulty or constructed?
Paul B.
Frans
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Frans »

I've just read X-Men Legacy #3. I don't think that's Douglas Ramsey in the panel, I'm pretty sure it's Wolfsbane. This puts a different light on the situation and much easier to place in a chronological perspective.

The scene contains the first five New Mutants, e.g. Psyche, Karma, Wolfsbane, Cannonball, Sunspot.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

I just read this one last night. I think the fb with Professor X is legit because it is something that Legion was involved in.

The scene with the New Mutants, I believe is a representation of how Professor X operated from Legion's point of view. Chronologically speaking Karma was gone after New Mutants no.6, and returned skinny after the Asgardian Wars, so the only place this could take place is between pages of X-Men no.200 and I don't think Professor X returned to the states.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Can we establish a more specific placement for that FB with Moira?
Paul B.
Frans
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Frans »

Hi Jason, Paul and others,

I don't think the danger room scene with the New Mutants does belong after New Mutants #6 or between the pages of X-Men #200. As already stated in my previous post Douglas Ramsey is not in the scene; it is Wolfsbane...
The NM Danger Room scene can fit after NEW MUTANTS v1 #2 or UNCANNY X-MEN #167 or NEW MUTANTS v1 #4. Only odd thing is how Legion has this scene in his head; it's probably been told to him. Another placing would be near to impossible as stated before.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

I want to point out, that we have two separate flashbacks here.

Both occur as the mutant twins try and figure out who Legion is. This first is a one panel with Moira, Professor X, and Legion and Xavier is about to address the UN. Xavier is in a wheelchair. (i believe this one to be legit since Legion is present)

The second is a one panel of the original New Mutants in a Danger room session (I agree that that is Wolfsbane miss-colored) with Professor X telling Wolfsbane to get up after being cut. (I don't believe this to be legit since he did not have first hand knowledge of the group during this time period when Karma was part of the group)