Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

intp
Big Bad
Big Bad

New Avengers: Illuminati

Post by intp »

Hi,

I was re-reading New Avengers: Illuminati (v.2, # 1-5) and was wondering if there was any discussion about the chronology of the different issues. I saw from Mr. Fantastic's entry that # 1 is placed between FF 118-119, which sounds about right since the events in that issue occurred right after the Kree-Skrull War. I did a quick search for "Illuminati" and didn't find anything, though, about any of the other issues in any of the discussions. Is there a thread or archive that I have missed where I can read more? Thanks for any information.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: New Avengers: Illuminati

Post by Paul Bourcier »

The search function isn't up-to-date. You'll need to scan the chronologies of the characters who appear for notations of Illuminati issues. :(
Paul B.
intp
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by intp »

I'm curious as to whether anyone has tried to place # 2-5 of the series. When I have more time, I may try to do so myself. I'm particularly curious as to # 3, which supposedly makes the Beyonder into an Inhuman, and # 4, which happened some time after Clea left Dr. Strange.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

We had a whole long conversation about placing #3 a few years back. I think my final recommendation was to place it between SWII #3-4, right after the worldwide mindwipe that makes everyone forget the Beyonder. This explains how he already has his Steve Rogers body, and yet how the Illuminati are unaware that he's taken human form.

-Jeph!
intp
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by intp »

Thanks for the info. Is that discussion in an archive somewhere? A general search of "illuminati" in these forums was not very fruitful for me.

I would have thought that # 3 occurred some time after Secret Wars II was over, so I'm interested in seeing the analysis.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

I searched for "Illuminati Beyonder." Found it, from June 2007: http://chronologyproject.com/phpbb2/vie ... =24&t=3074

-Jeph!
intp
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by intp »

Thanks!
intp
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by intp »

Just read over the fascinating discussion in the link. I'm now inclined to go along with Jeph's construction-- that it occurred during Secret Wars II; and that the Beyonder was a mutated Inhuman who somehow became a receptacle for cosmic cube energy. But it looks like this issue still hasn't been 'officially' placed. I guess it's still being decided?

Thanks again for the link.