Help me find all of Wolverine's recent flashbacks?

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Help me find all of Wolverine's recent flashbacks?

Post by JephYork »

In the final Index issue, Wolverine's chronology stops dead after "Dark Reign: the List: Wolverine", published in December 2009. (Published between Wolverine: Weapon X #5-6.)

I hate to admit it, but I'm not up on my reading after that point. I've skimmed a few storylines, but I haven't taken solid notes on basically ANYthing from 2010-present.

I'd like to find all the Wolverine flashbacks published since that DR:L issue, so I can integrate them appropriately into Wolverine's past for the upcoming Wolverine Index TPB. Can anyone help?

I already know about the Red Right Hand stuff in W4 #10-14 -- and I just finished taking detailed notes on Wolverine: Origins. But that's it.

What other comics published between 2010-2013 featured new flashbacks with Wolverine, or new scenes set in the past featuring Wolverine?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

-Jeph!
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Help me find all of Wolverine's recent flashbacks?

Post by Col_Fury »

Have you read First X-Men #1-5?
-Daron Jensen
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

No, I have not. (Though I hear it's largely irreconcilable with known history.) Thanks -- I'll add it to my list.

I think there's an Origin-era scene with Dog and young Wolvie in an issue or two of "Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine" -- and a Weapon X-era flashback in a "Prelude to Schism" issue.

Any more?

-Jeph!
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Look for the flashbacks in X-Men Giant-Size #1 and X-Men v3 #12-15, which I believe we placed between X-Men (original series) #8-9. Wolverine appears only in X3 14 (12-17)-FB. (Wolverine doesn't appear here, but Uncanny X-Force #17 has a FB to roughly this period of time too).

Do you have Free Comic Book Day 2009 (Wolverine: Origin of an X-Men) #1 accounted for?
Paul B.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

The "Covenant " story arc in Wolverine v2 #314-317 has scenes set in the past.
Frans
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Frans »

Hi Jeph, here are a few I've found.

X-23 v3 #2 flashback of Wolverine and X-23 at a carnival where they shoot a stuffed bear and take a ride in a roller coaster. Father-daughter bonding scene.

DAKEN: DARK WOLVERINE v1 #1 contains a flashback 50 years ago, where Daken prevents a man to shoot at a drunk Wolverine with a gun.

WOLVERINE: WEAPON X v1 #16 contains 4 different flashbacks with Nightcrawler.
- A session in the danger room where Wolverine tells Nightcrawler he doesn't want to have anything to do with his faith. He only has belief in his claws.
- Wolverine's drinking at the grave of Jean Grey. When Nightcrawler approaches him they have a discussion about faith. Wolverine doesn't buy Nightcrawler's reasons and leaves.
- Wolverine leaves the X-Mansion ready to kill someone. Nightcrawler stops him. They have a heated discussion about his soul.
- At the request of Nightcrawler Wolverine talks to the organisers of a tented refugee camp. The organiser is wondering where all the stuff came from, hence Nightcrawler teleported it. He appreciates Nightcrawler for doing good, regardless.

X-MEN v3 #14 Magneto reaches out to Wolverine through Emma Frost's telepathy. Magneto tells him he has come to lead mutants into the future. A future free of hate and fear. Free of man. (as also stated in Paul Bourcier's post)
Leoparis
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Leoparis »

wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

Not a flashback but a reference to an event in Wolvie's past, if you needed the info. In Wolverine v3 #63 (during the Get Mystique storyline), Wolverine meets with an old friend Mordad in Iraq, informing Mordad's men "Tell him it's the infidel who saved his ass from the Russians in '86."
Last edited by wolframbane on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

There is a flashback in Excalibur v3 #14 (2005). While stationed in Korea (during an unspecified military action, retconned from the Korean War), Captain Charles Xavier specializes in search and rescue missions under the callsign "Good Shepherd" and is near the end of his third tour of duty. This is after he received the letter from Moira MacTaggart breaking up with him and so he has re-enlisted for a fourth tour. Among the members of his current platoon are Carmen Pryde (later father of Kitty Pryde, who plans on marrying Theresa when he gets home) and Logan. Charles and Logan have saved each other several times, but are not friends. Charles later goes on the first mission of his fourth tour, but his chopper is shot down and he loses his crew. He also received his "million dollar wound" which ended his military career. The events of the flashback go off track at this point, as Charles Xavier and Dr. Strange take a psychedelic journey through Charles' mind.

This event would probably occur after First X-Men #1-5, where Private Xavier has only recently joined the US Army.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

I just need flashbacks from comics published in 2010-present.

-Jeph!
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

Have you placed the flashbacks from Wolverine-Hercules - Myths, Monsters & Mutants #1-4?
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

From wolverinefiles.com:

Black Widow: Deadly Origins #1, 2010
Natalia Romanova is enrolled in Taras Romanoffís military training school near Moscow in 1940 at the behest of Joseph Stalin and has tea with Taras (still very much alive) and Logan, who oddly seems to be wearing a United States Army uniform. Logan trains with Natalia, and later kills Taras at the school. Three months later, Natalia claims Logan was on a mission to kill Taras and let him escape.

Wolverine/Hercules: Myths, Monsters & Mutants #1, 2011
Wolverine and Hercules reminisce about the days shortly before the occupation of France when Hercules, posing as the Sub-Mariner, battled a Nazi robot in the streets of Paris and unwittingly provided Logan with the diversion he needed to assassinate a Nazi bigwig. As the invasion of France did not commence until May 10, 1940, Logan needs to have run this top secret mission while with the Devilís Brigade.

Wolverine #1000/5, 2011
Logan joins a demoralized squad of American soldiers in the snowy Ardennes Forest during the winter of 1944. When German tanks begin to run over their positions the following day, Logan singlehandedly attacks one of the tanks and kills the German officer leading the charge with his claws. The Allied forces, emboldened by Loganís heroism, attack from the flank and rout the rest of the German forces. After the battle, Logan is accepted by the soldiers, embodied by the invitation for a ìcup ëa Joeî to celebrate their victory.

Wolverine #1000, 2011
On April 28, 1945 over German airspace, Logan and a group of American commandos are shot out of the sky by a squadron of German Focke Wulfs. His parachute in flames, Logan uses his claws to catch hold of one of the attacking fighter planes, kills the pilot and takes control of the German craft. The only Allied survivor, Logan ditches his stolen transport and kills a passing German motorcyclist, driving off with the bike and making for a heavily fortified installation that his mission claims is housing Germanyís super soldier program. As Logan infiltrates the facility, American planes bomb from above and Logan unwittingly flees into the path of an oncoming German tank, forcing Logan to spend a day recuperating from effects of the bombing and the tank. By the evening of April 30th, Walpurgis night, Logan slips back into what remains of the installation and finds a scared German woman standing guard. Logan tells her to go home to her family, but she surprises him and plunges a knife into his chest. With a hint of regret, Logan kills her with his claws and slips into the basement of the facility, witnessing a Nazi scientist transform a decorated German soldier into a werewolf. Logan and the werewolf fight, but the werewolfís claws prove to be more effective. Logan finally rips a medal from around the werewolfís neck and fatally stabs him with the commendation made of silver. Before Logan can kill off the scientist, Nick Fury arrives and tells the corporal to stand down, as the U.S. has need of scientists for the coming battle with the Soviets what with CAPTAIN AMERICA and Bucky dead at the hands of Baron Zemo.