Possible placement issue with PWJ2 1 and W:O 11-15

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Chris McCarver
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Possible placement issue with PWJ2 1 and W:O 11-15

Post by Chris McCarver »

The Tinkerer currently has in his listing his appearance in PWJ2 1 preceding his appearances in W:O 12 and 15, the latter two of which precede the Civil War storyline according to Wolverine's chronology. Since PWJ2 takes place entirely during the Superhuman Civil War (the Punisher ruminates on the Civil War on page 2, panel 3, and the Tinkerer is seen in Stamford mourning the death of his grandson, who died when Nitro exploded, on pages 13-15), this order would seem off and the Tinkerer's appearances would appear to need to be adjusted where W:O 12 and 15 should precede PWJ2 1.

However, the Tinkerer appears in the W:O issues in a wheelchair, likely due to the spinal cord injury the Punisher inflicted in PWJ2 1 (page 15, where he stabs a knife between his vertebrae), which means the Tinkerer's chronology is correct and Wolverine's needs adjustment.

I'm thinking the Tinkerer's may be the right one due not only due to his being wheelchair-confined, but to his comment to Logan in W:O 15:
"Oh, I know who you are, but if you think you can intimidate me... or threaten me... you're mistaken. I am beyond those things. There's nothing left on this Earth that I fear to lose."
Which echoes a similar statement to the Punisher in PWJ2 1:
"I assure you I have nothing left to live for. My son died. He was -- he was in the business. His son. My grandson. He was in the fifth grade."
Thoughts? (For proof purposes, I've read all the aforementioned issues on Marvel Unlimited.)

ADDENDUM EDIT: Also, some or all of the W:O 6-10 arc may need to be moved post-CW as well, since W:O 11 begins immediately following W:O 10. That or a time-jump needs to be established somewhere in W:O 11. W:O 11 takes place at least partially post-CW, since Milo Gunderson's parents discuss registering him.
chris "mac" mccarver
world's angriest creative mind
get down with the sickness at
http://www.chrismccarver.com
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Possible placement issue with PWJ2 1 and W:O 11-15

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Chris, you're right about Tinkerer's chronology being correct. That checks with the calendar.

In the calendar I put a significant gap between pages 16 (pre-CW) and 17 of W:O 11.
Paul B.
Chris McCarver
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Chris McCarver »

Paul Bourcier wrote:Chris, you're right about Tinkerer's chronology being correct. That checks with the calendar.

In the calendar I put a significant gap between pages 16 (pre-CW) and 17 of W:O 11.
Caught that myself. So, since Logan doesn't appear in the post-CW segments of W:O 11 if I read it correctly, all that would need correction is moving his appearances in W:O 12-15 further down; the Calendar places it following Logan's appearance in BLADE8 5.

Thus:
WOLVERINE/JAMES HOWLETT/"LOGAN"
[...]
W:O 11
W:O 12 <-from here
W:O 13 <-from here
W:O 14 <-from here
W:O 15 <-from here
PULSE 12
[...]
BLADE8 5
W:O 12 <-to here
W:O 13 <-to here
W:O 14 <-to here
W:O 15 <-to here
CW 6-BTS
[...]
chris "mac" mccarver
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Trouble is, for Wolverine there's no gap between W:O #11-12.

In W:O #11, Wolverine's in Germany, having traveled there to obtain the Carbonadium synthesizer. He's captured by SHIELD in Berlin and escapes.

In #12, he's still in Germany, being hunted by law eforcement, and on his way to Brussels to obtain the Carbonadium synthesizer.

-Jeph!
Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Midnighter »

What about between page 16 and 17 of W:O 11?
Chris McCarver
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Chris McCarver »

JephYork wrote:Trouble is, for Wolverine there's no gap between W:O #11-12.

In W:O #11, Wolverine's in Germany, having traveled there to obtain the Carbonadium synthesizer. He's captured by SHIELD in Berlin and escapes.

In #12, he's still in Germany, being hunted by law eforcement, and on his way to Brussels to obtain the Carbonadium synthesizer.

-Jeph!
No possibility of him having left Germany after his escape from SHIELD in W:O 11 and returning in W:O 12? I understand we're mid-arc for that placement but Tinkerer being wheelchair bound and the registration comment from Milo Gunderson's dad in W:O 11 goes a long way towards placing most if not all of the W:O 11-15 arc post-Civil War.
chris "mac" mccarver
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

JephYork wrote:Trouble is, for Wolverine there's no gap between W:O #11-12.

Isn't the problem with Wolverine Origins* a case of it (including W3 36-40, effectively the first arc, which begins shortishly after HoM) happily barrelling through multiple MU status quo changes without *any* apparent breaks in its' own story? [According to Fury's analyses, the first clean break is between #15 & #16, during which time Cap's "death" occurs.]

*Well, the continuity problems. Well, the present-day continuity problems. Well, amongst the continuity problems are such diverse elements as a lack of breaks to accommodate other comics...
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Correct, there aren't any apparent gaps in all of W #36-40 and W:O #1-15.

I missed the "Tinkerer in a wheelchair" continuity reference when I did the Wolverine Index; that's why I closed up the hole Paul punctured in W:O #11. Oops.

I guess we'll have to find a gap somewhere in the W #36-W:O #15 range and toss the latter half of the story after Civil War. But can we find a better gap than during W:O #11?

Hmm. Cap guest-stars in W:O #3-5, so that has to stay pre-Civil War. In #6, Wolvie's still suffering from the non-healing Muramasa Sword cut he gets in #5. (He still has the scar in #10, as well, but it's no longer a plot point after #6.)

What about during #6, between Wolvie's travel from Seattle to the East Coast, and his arrival at Maverick's ex-mutant clinic? After Wolvie fights Omega Red at the clinic in #6-8, he travels to Germany and stays there until #15, so it shouldn't be any later than #8.

Black Widow and SHIELD (squad headed by Dum Dum Dugan) appear in #8-10. What's their status quo ater Civil War? Are they available to apear here then?

-Jeph!
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Dum Dum was replaced by a Skrull the night Cap was "killed" (Cap #25) and the Dum Dum Skrull's first published appearance was Cap #26. Cap #25-26 were published the same months as W: O #11-12.

Skrulls aside, wasn't Dum Dum chasing Wolverine until W: O #10? Why would he put the chase on hold?

How important is the Tinkerer being in a wheelchair to the plot? Would it make any difference at all if he just happened to be sitting in a regular chair?
-Daron Jensen
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Was he chasing Wolvie the whole time? If so, why? I don't remember that part of the plot so well.

I don't see a problem with assuming that he got replaced by a Skrull partway through the arc. And I would imagine that the Stamford disaster and SHIELD's subsequent war on unregistered superhumans could have put a damper on some of Dum Dum's activities, no? If he was after Wolvie for something, that project could have been suspended for the duration?

Then, when Wolvie was captured by SHIELD (for different reasons) in his own Civil War tie-in issues (W3 #46-47?) -- and promptly escaped -- that could have given Dugan a whole new reason to track him down and arrest him.

Hmm. I think I need a refresher on the specifics of that storyline.

I just recalled something-- in Blade #8, I think Wolvie makes some comment about having just battled Omega Red earlier that day. Blade #8 is shortly after the end of Civil War. If we're thinking about sticking Civil War in a gap we create in W:O #6, then we could work things so that the Blade #8 reference is made to match up... ;)

W:O #1-6 - Wolvie battles Cap in Vietnam, travels home.
[Civil War happens; Cap dies; Tinkerer crippled; Wolvie arrested by SHIELD but escapes]
W:O #6-8 - Wolvie battles Omega Red, prepares to travel to Germany.
[Blade #8 - referencing the Omega Red battle]
W:O #8-15 - Wolvie travels to Germany, captured by Dugan Skrull, meets Daken; crippled Tinkerer seen; Milo's parents discuss "registering" him

Eh?

-Jeph!
dimadick
Major Player
Major Player

Post by dimadick »

JephYork wrote:Was he chasing Wolvie the whole time? If so, why? I don't remember that part of the plot so well.

-Jeph!
Lets see, how the issues of Wolverine: Origins depict Dum Dum and where Wolverine actually is.

*Issue #1.
**At the start of the issue, he is pressed for information on Wolverine by the United States Secretary of State, whose depiction seems to be based on Condoleezza Rice. The Communication is interrupted because Wolvie has severed the communication lines of the White House, in preparation for invading this building. Dum Dum is informed of the situation and also learns that a cruise missile is heading for the White House. It is actually used as a vehicle for a Shiva robot which kills the Rice look-alike before Wolvie has a chance to question her.
**Later, a four-star general informs Dugan about the assassination and what they know about it. The general concludes that SHIELD is unreliable when it comes to stopping Wolverine, and informs Dugan that "we're going to be taking matters into our own hands." No indication of how much time passes between the assassination and this conversation.

*Issue #2.
**No Dugan.
**Wolverine starts the issue in an apartment in Brooklyn, New York, surrounded by several radios and televisions. A Fox News television report informs him that Nuke/Frank Simpson has massacred a village in Vietnam, so he decides to head there and confront him. Since Wolvie was the man who conditioned Nuke for service to begin with and feels responsible for the actions of his creation.
**The issue ends with Wolverine landing in Vietnam with a helicopter and greeting Nuke. Some time has to pass between his departure in New York and this arrival.

*Issue #3.
**No Dugan.
**Wolverine and Nuke fight in Vietnam. Wolverine wins and is about to decapitate his opponent. He is prevented from doing so by Captain America.
**The issue has lots of flashback scenes, but relatively few present-day scenes and not much time seems to pass.

*Issue #4.
**No Dugan.
**Wolverine and Captain America fight in Vietnam. White Queen/Emma Frost mentally contacts Wolverine during the battle, and he claims to be too busy to chat with her.
**Captain America reports that the President of the United States, a George Bush look-alike who keeps appearing in these early issues, personally asked him to intervene. So the Captain is not an outlaw at the time.
**Wolvie is about to kill an injured Captain. Rogers is rescued by the arrival of Cyclops, Hellion, and White Queen. Presumably some time has passed between a half-asleep Emma's attempt to speak to Wolvie and her arrival in Vietnam.

*Issue #5
**No Dugan.
**Wolverine fights Captain America, Cyclops, Hellion, and the White Queen in Vietnam. Emma informs Wolvie that he has a living son, this being his first hint that Daken exists.
**Wolverine hands the Muramasa Blade and trusts him with the task of permanently stopping him if his path of vengeance leads him astray, or if he is brainwashed again. The extended battle then ends with Wolverine leaving. Nuke is crippled, the Captain is severely injured, but his other opponents seem to be in good health.

*Issue #6
**Wolverine starts the issue in a freighter ship. The ship sailed from Vietnam, its current location is left unspecified. Presumably somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. He is a stowaway and an injury he received from the Muramasa blade has yet to heal.
**When the United States coast guard boards the ship, Wolverine escapes by hijacking their boat.
**Dugan has been re-assigned to the Central Records office of SHIELD. His new desk job is reported to be punishment for failing to prevent the attack on the White House. While looking at files he discovers a report concerning the hijacking of the Coast Guard's boat and that it was found abandoned, "less than twelve hours later". The perpetrator is unknown, but Dugan suspects it was Volverine and decides to contact the offices of SHIELD in Seattle.
**Wolverine is somewhere in Washington state and contacts the White Queen by phone. He then forces a truck driver to give him a lift, their destination being Queens New York.
**"Three days later", Wolverine arrives at Queens. He is searching for Maverick in a hostel for depowered mutants. He instead finds Jubilee (who is working there) and Omega Red who is also searching for Maverick.

*Issue #7
**No Dugan.
**Wolverine fights Omega Red in Queens. Not much time passes.

*Issue #8
**Wolverine is still in Queens, but his opponent has left. Omega Red has injured Maverick and abducted Jubilee.
**"Four days later", Dugan is in Newark, New Jersey. SHIELD has apprehended a man who has seen Wolverine. In fact, the man was supposed to sail to Europe, and Wolvie payed him to sail in his place. The ship Wolverine has boarded is heading for Barcelona.
**In Europe, Wolverine has arrived in Berlin. He is confronted there by his "niece", Black Widow/Natalia Romanova.
**While it is left unspecified, for a ship to cross the Atlantic Ocean, and for a passenger to go from Spain to Germany, quite some time must have passed.

*Issue #9
**Still in Berlin. Wolverine learns that the Widow has a fake version of the Carbonadium Synthesizer with her, while she keeps the real one in a "safe-deposit box" in Brussels. She also informs him that Omega Red is slowly dying from poisoning, and is desperately searching for the Synthesizer in hopes it will cure him.
**Dugan arrives in Berlin, leading a SHIELD operation against Omega Red. Black Widow had tipped them off to the location of Red, prior to meeting Wolverine. Dugan is unaware who he is actually facing, because he assumed that the tip concerned Wolverine.
**Wolverine intentionally draws the attention of Dugan and Red to himself, in a building at some distance from their current location. He wants them to move the battle away from the captive Jubilee, who is in danger of becoming "collateral damage".

*Issue #10
**Still in Berlin. Dugan reaches Wolverine first, Red arrives second and attacks the various agents. Wolverine flees and SHIELD captures Red. Dugan is still determined to hunt down Wolvie.
**Wolvie finds Jubilee severely injured. He surrenders to Dugan in exchange for SHIELD providing medical assistance for her. Being cautious, Dugan guns down Wolverine.
**Wolverine is unconscious for an unspecified period and wakes up trapped. Meanwhile, Dugan informs his subordinates that he was acting without orders. He fulfilled the mission of capturing Wolverine, but he is still expecting his own superiors to relieve him of his post.
**Daken has infiltrated SHIELD. He severally injures Dugan and leaves him for dead. He then guts his father, but frees him from the shackles in the process.

*Issue #11
**No Dugan.
**Still in Berlin. Wolverine is still in a SHIELD facility and has just recovered from his wounds. Seven lightly-armed and armored agents arrive to confront him. He figures that Dugan either lost his mind or someone took him out of the picture. He locks six of them in a holding cell, jumps the seventh and last one for his uniform and quickly escapes.
**The rest of the issue deals with Daken's activities and with the rebirth of Cyber. Not much connecting the scenes to each other.

*Issue #12
**No Dugan.
**Wolverine starts the issue in a Magdeburg. He has apparently found a room for himself, possibly staying in a hotel. He recalls the events in Berlin, but there is no indication of how much time has passed.
**Elsewhere, Cyber (in a new body) contacts Tinkerer. The man is already crippled and in a wheelchair. The two agree to separately make their way to Brussels, and meet again "within twenty-four hours".
**Somewhere in Germany, Wolverine hijacks a car and forces the driver to get him to Brussels. He is after the Carbonadium Synthesizer.

*Issue #13
**No Dugan.
**In Brussels, Wolverine sets fire to a building. While firefighters and police are distracted by the fire, he breaks into the bank next-door. Daken follows him and confronts him within the building.
**They fight and Daken wins. Before having a chance to decide what to do with his father, victor and looser are confronted by Cyber. He entered the bank in search of Daken.

*Issue #14
**No Dugan.
**Still in Brussels. Within the bank, Wolvie is unconscious while Cyber and Daken fight. Cyber best Daken, but Wolverine interferes. Daken makes his escape while the other two fight.
**Cyber finds out, a bit too late, that his new body is suffering from a heart condition. He has a heart attack in mid-battle. Wolverine decides to keep him alive and use him as a source for information.
**Cyber informs Wolvie that the Tinkerer has set up a laboratory in the Hague. Wolvie decides to meet the gadgeteer genius there. He has the Carbonadium Synthesizer, which he retrieved from the bank, and hopes that Tinkerer would know hot to use it.

*Issue #15
**No Dugan.
**Wolverine transports Cyber to the Tinkerer's laboratory. Again Phineas is wheelchair-bound.
**The Tinkerer is not intimidated by Wolvie, pointing that he has nothing left to loose. They still manage to work out a deal. The details are not revealed to the reader.
**Cyber wakes up with a Tinkerer-created pacemaker on him. It is made of Carbonadium, and Cyber realizes that he might still die. From radiation poisoning.
**Wolverine disposes of the Synthesizer, having it sink in the waters of the Hague.
**Elsewhere, Bucky reads the Daily Bugle and discovers a classified add intended for him.

*Issue #16
**No Dugan.
**Wolverine is in the Smithsonian Museum in Washington, D.C. Unclear how much time has passed since his stay in the Hague. He is looking at an exhibition dedicated to the recently deceased Captain America and reminisces about his earliest encounters with the super soldier.

*Issue #17
**No Dugan.
**Still at the Smithsonian. Wolvie keeps reminiscing.

*Issue #18.
**No Dugan.

*Issue #19.
**No Dugan.

*Issue #20.
**No Dugan.
**Still at the Smithsonian. Wolvie keeps reminiscing. He marks the exhibition with his claws, identifying the deceased Captain as "Friend". Then leaves.
**"Less than ten hours later", his visit to the museum has been discovered. A shadowy individual hires Deadpool to assassinate Wolverine.

*Issue #21.
**No Dugan.
**Wolverine has traveled to San Francisco. Unclear how much time has passed sinve his visit to Washington.
**In Chinatown, Deadpool locates his target and their fight begins.

*Issue #22
**No Dugan.
**Still in San Francisco. Deadpool and Wolverine continue their fight.

*Issue #23
**No Dugan.
**Still in San Francisco. Deadpool and Wolverine continue their fight. Deadpool wins.

*Issue #24
**No Dugan.
**Still in San Francisco. Wolverine wakes up to find himself a prisoner of Deadpool. Unclear how much time passed since he lost consciousness.
**Deadpool mentions keeping track of Wolverine's recent activities in Washington, DC, Tokyo, and Brussels. He knows about the acts, but not the motivations behind them. Wolverine tries to explain about his revenge-seeking campaign, but Deadpool fails to see the logic in that.
**Deadpool has Wolverine recall his previous battles and various people he killed. One of the kills in his memories is Sabretooth, decapitated with the Muramasa Sword.
**The verbal exchange between Wolvie and Wade is interrupted by Daken. He cuts off Deadpool's hand and then attempts to drown Wolverine.

*Issue #25
**No Dugan.
**Still in San Francisco. One-handed and bleeding, Deadpool still fights Daken and seems outclassed. Until he manages to enrage Daken, who starts making mistakes. Their battle gives Wolverine time to recover.
**Bucky takes out Daken with a shot. He is using Carbonadium bullets created by the Tinkerer. The deal between Wolverine and Phineas in #15 is revealed to have involved their creation. The mystery person who hired Bucky in that issue was Wolverine.
**A flashback reveals who the mystery person who hired Deadpool in #20 was: Bucky. The entire assassination plot was a trap to lure in Daken. The flashback has Bucky impersonating a SHIELD agent, so the organization is still around.
**Wolverine ends the issue with Daken in his custody.

*Issue #26
**No Dugan.
**Wolverine is still in California, in the vicinity of the Medicine Lake Volcano. Back in the 1940s, he provided human test subjects for a secret project in the wilderness. The facilities are supposed to be empty and forgotten, so he is transporting Daken there for safety reasons.
**Wolverine is knocked out and taken prisoner by strange-looking men. They are the (unnamed) survivors of the 1940s experiments, mutated into new forms.

*Issue #27
**No Dugan.
**Wolverine is still in the secret facilities, captured by his former victims. Daken is still unconscious.
**Wolvie escapes and kills two of his captors. He finds that the others have been killed by Daken. The younger mutant is amnesiac.

*Issue #28
**No Dugan.
**This the prologue to the "Original Sin" crossover. The issue starts with Wolverine and Daken still in the secret facilities in California. Wolvie decides to go in search of the White Queen, hoping that she will help him deal with Daken.
**Father and son hijack a car. And that is it for the modern-day portion of the issue, as the rest is an extended flashback.

*Issue #29.
**No Dugan.
**Still part of "Original Sin". The issue opens in the Manhattan headquarters of the Hellfire Club. Wolvie faces current Inner Circle members Castlemere (a cyborg), Leonine/Peter Scholl (a shape-shifter with a lion-man form), and Tithe/Sandra Morgan (who controls microwaves). All three were introduced in X-Men: Legacy #217 (December, 2008). So this is the first clear idea of where in X-Men chronology we can place the Origins storyline.
Last edited by dimadick on Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Can you boil that down to the important parts? It's an awful lot of dry information without any clear conclusions that I can see.

-Jeph!
dimadick
Major Player
Major Player

Post by dimadick »

JephYork wrote:Can you boil that down to the important parts? It's an awful lot of dry information without any clear conclusions that I can see.

-Jeph!
*Issue #1.
**Wolverine in Washington D.C. His attack on the White House makes him a wanted man.
**Dugan fails to stop and this gets him in trouble with his superiors.

*Issue #2
**Wolverine in Brooklyn and then in Vietnam. His attack on the White House is recent, but it is not stated how much time has passed.

*Issue #3-5.
**Wolverine in Vietnam. Fights against Nuke, Captain America, Cyclops, Hellion, and the White Queen. All avtion takes place in a single day.
**Captain America reports that the President of the United States... personally asked him to intervene. So the Captain is not an outlaw at the time.

*Issue #6
**Wolverine makes his way from Vietnam to Washington state by ship. The intervening time of the voyage might allow for further events of the Marvel Universe to take place.
**Wolverine spends "three days" traveling from Washington state to Queens. Again quite some time might have passed since the Vietnam adventure.
**Dugan has been re-assigned to a desk job, but a file notifies him to the possible activities of Wolvie. He is back on the trail.

*Issue #7-8.
**Wolverine has encounters with Jubilee, Maverick, and Omega Red in Queens.
**Wolverine sails from New York to Barcelona. Dugan finds out "four days later".
**Further time passes, Wolverine makes his way from Barcelona to Berlin. He meets Black Widow there.

*Issues #9-11
**Wolverine in Berlin. Dugan captures both Omega Red and Wolverine.
**Wolverine spends some time unconscious and in captivity. It could be hours or days. Left unspecified.
**Daken "kills" Dugan, and releases Wolverine.

*Issues #12
**Wolverine has made his way from Berlin to Magdeburg. Some time has passed since his escape, sufficient for him to settle for a while. He then heads for Brussels.
**The Tinkerer is crippled and wheelchair-bound. A visit by a revived Cyber results in Phineas heading for Europe.

*Issues #13-14.
**Wolverine, Daken, and Cyber in Brussels. Tinkerer (behind-the-scenes) in the Hague.
**Some time has passed since the previous issue, sufficient for Tinkerer to set up his new laboratory.

*Issue #15
**Wolverine, Cyber, and Tinkerer in The Hague.
**Cyber spends time unconscious and in surgery by Phineas. As explained in later issues, Wolverine has enough time to work out a deal with Phineas. The Tinkerer creates Carbonadium bullets, which play a part in later issues.
**The Bucky-involving scene is not connected to the rest of the events depicted. Wolverine has time to send (or transport) the bullets to Bucky, contact the man through a newspaper add (in a New York-based paper), and hire him for the job.

*Issue #16-20.
**Captain America has recently died, and the Smithsonian Museum in Washington, DC has set up an exhibition in his memory.
**Wolverine breaks into the museum and reminisces about his fallen friend. Unclear how much time has past since his European adventures.
**"Less than ten hours" following this museum visit, Bucky impersonates a SHIELD agent and hires Deadpool. His supposed mission is to kill Wolverine.

#Issue #22-23.
**Wolverine and Deadpool have an extended fight in San Francisco. Unclear how much time has spend since Deadpool got hired, but he had sufficient time to set up a new hideout, many traps, and hire some assistants.
**Wolverine falls unconscious.

*Issue #24-25
**Wolverine wakes up a prisoner of Deadpool. He could have been unconscious for minutes or days, left unspecified.
**The issue mentions or depicts recent activities of Wolverine, involving the "death" of Sabretooth, and visits to Tokyo, Brussels, and Washington, D.C.
**Daken fights Deadpool, and is taken out by Bucky. Using one of the Tinkerer-created bullets. The bullet injury causes Daken amnesia, setting the scene for the "Original Sin" crossover.

*Issue #26-28.
**Wolverine and an amnesiac Daken have an adventure in the wilderness of California, then they go in search of the White Queen. Leading directly to the "Original Sin" crossover.

*Issue #29. Part of the "Original Sin" crossover, and following the events X-Men: Legacy #217 (December, 2008). The first issue which actually ties the events of this series to the X-Men chronology.

The narrative actually includes enough blank areas for crossover events and the like to fit between issues,
Chris McCarver
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Chris McCarver »

Hmm, W:O 6...

Pages 1-12: Logan's stowing away on a freighter (presumably his ride home from Vietnam) that gets boarded by the USCG, and he escapes by commandeering the USCG patrol cutter.

Pages 13-14: Dugan looks at a report about the cutter hijacking, where another SHIELD agent tells him "twelve hours" after the hijacking, the cutter's found abandoned in Puget Sound. Some circumstances of note: Dugan is working out of the "SHIELD Anti-Terror Taskforce Division, Central Records Office," which, according to the gossipy SHIELD agents in his office, was a desk-job demotion after the "attack on the White House" (presumably meaning W:O 1). So Dugan wasn't hunting Logan since W:O 1, but took the hunt up in this issue after the hijacking, presuming Logan's involvement.

Pages 15-17: In "Eastern Washington State" an undeclared amount of time later, Logan sends a mental message to Emma Frost who calls him on a pay phone and tells him where Maverick is. He then "convinces" a trucker to take him to Queens. Meaning he's been in Washington the entire time (therefore, no gap possible) or he went back to NYC before this scene, experienced the Civil War events, came back to Seattle for reasons unknown, where we find him hitching a ride back.

Pages 18-22: "Three days later," Logan is in New York, where he finds Maverick and Jubilee at the clinic, and then Omega Red appears.

It's possible Civil War happened between him arriving at Puget Sound and hitching his ride to New York, since it doesn't say how much time elapsed between the freighter scene and the truck stop scene, but that means declaring that he arrived in Puget Sound, went through the events of Civil War, then went back to Washington state for some reason that would place him at the truck stop and needing a ride back to NYC.

Placing the gap between his departure from Washington state and his arrival at the clinic in NYC would work *if* we didn't have that pesky "Three days later" caption opening the scene where he tracks Maverick to the clinic. A trip from Puget Sound to Queens is a 43-hour trip nonstop per Google Maps, and you could probably add a day to that figuring Logan allowed the trucker to catch some periodic shuteye or whether Logan offered to drive in shifts. And even if we posit that he had to abandon his ride with the trucker and got quicker transport (Blackbird, teleport, etc.), that means that we'd be saying the whole of Civil War took place within a three-day period, unless we're willing to handwave the time-elapsed caption.
chris "mac" mccarver
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

I'm willing to ignore captions like that, yeah.

-Jeph!