Son of Satan 8

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

KirkM
Henchman
Henchman

Son of Satan 8

Post by KirkM »

I've been reading a lot of '76 Marvels lately. Hope you don't mind me continuing to chime in when I think there might be a discrepancy.

Hellstorm's current timeline reads like this...

SOS 6
SOS 7
SOS 8
HTD 13
HTD 14
M/SS 1
TOD 53

In SOS 8, page 6 panel 6, it's mentioned that the story takes place on Christmas eve, and it's a plot point rather than a topical reference: "The night Lord Satan sleeps." It's a stand-alone inventory tale so it could be any Christmas, but given its publication date it would make sense that it's the same Christmas also seen in M/TE 13, UX 98, and ASM 166.

The stories in HTD 9-14 take place in the few weeks following Howard's failed bid for President that November (disregarding a topical reference in HTD 13 pg 11 when Dr. Avery asks, "Did you follow last year's presidential campaign at all, Daimon?" Change the word "last" to "this" and we're good). So SOS 8 would need to come after HTD 14. It's also firmly established in just about everyone's timeline that the Christmas in M/TE 13 comes after M/SS 1.

Taking all of that into account, Hellstorm's suggested timeline would be

SOS 6
SOS 7
* SOS 8 moved from here
HTD 13
HTD 14
M/SS 1
* SOS 8 moved to here
TOD 53
KirkM
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Son of Satan 8

Post by KirkM »

SPOILER:

Now that I'm up to that very eventful Christmas in my reading and have read SOS 8 all the way through, I see that the whole story was a dream of Satan's and that Daimon wasn't really there at all. So I guess the entry for SOS 8 in Hellstorm's timeline should be deleted entirely. But if it were to remain, it should come after M/SS 1.