Deadpool Annual #1

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Leoparis
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Deadpool Annual #1

Post by Leoparis »

If I read Deadpool An 1 correctly Madcap is behind the scenes in all Deadpool appearances from "5 or 6 issues before Secret Invasion" (June 2008) to "Just before Marvel Now" (Jan 2013)
However It seems the GR and W:Best appearances occur within that time frame

Here is the current Madcap chronology
HFH 10 Apr 1998
HFH 11 May 1998
[S-H4 6] May 2006 I didn't see Madcap in this
GR7 2 Nov 2009
GR7 4-FB
GR7 4
GR7 5 Feb 2010
W:BEST 1-12 Feb 2011-Jan 2012

I thgink there are more Madcap appearances than the above:
Secret Avengers 29 & 32 Sept & Dec 2012
Wolverine 304 Jun 2012
Ghost Rider 33 May 2009
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Deadpool Annual #1

Post by JephYork »

To add a little more detail to what Leoparis is saying: Deadpool Annual #1 reveals that shortly before Secret Invasion, Deadpool and Madcap were fused together into one being! And they weren't separated until shortly before Deadpool's recent series relaunch.

(The story is asserting that the "lower-case white caption box voice in Deadpool's head," which was a staple of DP's character during that timeframe, was actually Madcap. Who was living inside DP's body and commenting.)

So, this presents a problem because Madcap PHYSICALLY APPEARS in a few issues during that timeframe. So how could he be stuck inside Deadpool's body?

There's actually a pretty easy solution for this. In the Annual, Madcap demonstrates the ability to take over DP's body, speak through it and even use his hypnotic powers through DP's eyes. So we can just assume that, during Madcap's few physical appearances -- he's simply taken over DP's body and dressed up in his regular Madcap costume. (Plus a mask, I guess.)

Does that work? have we ever seen Deadpool and Madcap together during this timeframe?

-Jeph!
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

JephYork wrote:(The story is asserting that the "lower-case white caption box voice in Deadpool's head," which was a staple of DP's character during that timeframe, was actually Madcap. Who was living inside DP's body and commenting.)
:shock: :o :lol:
That's hilarious. So the whole Daniel Way run's been swept under the rug, huh?
JephYork wrote:have we ever seen Deadpool and Madcap together during this timeframe?
Not that I'm aware of.
-Daron Jensen
Leoparis
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Leoparis »

I didn't think of Jeph's solution.
We mustn't forget to insert Madcap's appearances inside Deadpool's chronology (as well as remember that Deadpool is behind the scenes in those Madcap appearances)