A 3-BTS

Post by Chris McCarver »

Adding page count notations:

ODIN
[...]
A 3 (1 - 22)
JIM 112-FB
A 3 (23 - 25)

Also, when researching this one, I was looking at Thor and Hulk's chronologies (since they both appeared in the JIM 112 flashback that bisects A 3):

HULK/DR. ROBERT BRUCE BANNER
[...]
A 3 (13 - 22)
JIM 112-FB
A 3 (23 - 25)
[...]

THOR/THOR ODINSON, etc. [ASGARDIAN]
[...]
A 3 (13 - 20)
JIM 112-FB
A 3 (21 - 25)
[...]

Notice that the scene breaks between Thor and the Hulk's listings are different, even though this flashback depicted a point during A 3 where the Hulk and Thor got separated from the Avengers and Namor long enough to have a one-on-one throwdown... not only am I asking if these should be the same, but the JIM 112 flashback ends with a redrawing of A 3 (22:7). Thor's next previous appearance in A 3 is on 22:1 and the Hulk's next previous is on 22:2, after which we see Giant-Man toss Namor to Thor (perhaps not realizing he wasn't around) (22:3), only for Iron Man to try and repulsor Namor (22:4), which just causes Namor to punch him hard enough to damage his chestplate and take him out of the fight (22:5-22:6), which is where we find Iron Man and Namor on 22:7, where Thor rejoins the battle after the JIM 112 flashback. Should the break here in A 3 not be somewhere during page 22, rather than before it (the battle that caused Thor and the Hulk to get separated began on 22:1) or after it (Thor sees Iron Man injured and Namor escaping on 22:7, establishing that the flashback takes place before 22:7)?
chris "mac" mccarver
world's angriest creative mind
get down with the sickness at
http://www.chrismccarver.com
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A 3-BTS

Post by Col_Fury »

Yes, Thor and Hulk's chronologies should match in this case. Howsabout:

A 3 (13 - 22:2)
JIM 112-FB
A 3 (22:3 - 25)

How is Odin -BTS in Avengers #3? I know he appears in the JIM 112 flashback that takes place during Avengers #3, but what's he doing *in* A 3 that makes him -BTS? He's not present but unseen in A 3; Thor has to send Odin a message in JIM 112-FB. What unseen action does Odin take in A 3? If the action he takes that affects A 3 is seen in JIM 112-FB, then he shouldn't be listed as -BTS in A 3, is what I'm saying. Does he do something else?

-edit-

After flipping through A 3, I'm not seeing anything that would make Odin -BTS besides the JIM 112-FB. Also, the recent Avengers Index TPB doesn't list Odin in A 3 at all. I say we get rid of A 3-BTS in Odin's chronology.
-Daron Jensen
Chris McCarver
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: A 3-BTS

Post by Chris McCarver »

Inclined to agree, both with the placement adjustment and with pulling Odin out of his BTS app in A 3, since he didn't affect A 3's events in any way in the JIM 112 flashback.
chris "mac" mccarver
world's angriest creative mind
get down with the sickness at
http://www.chrismccarver.com