UX 94-BTS

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Somebody
Director
Director

UX 94-BTS

Post by Somebody »

Why are Rev. Craig, Moira MacTaggart and Rahne Sinclair listed as BTS in UX 94? They appear in one of the insert pages of CX 2, yes, but only because Moira gives Rahne a lift and is interrupted by Craig shortly before she gets a letter from Prof. X, in a scene which is completely new, rather than an extension to an existing one. I don't see how that's a BTS for any of them in the unaltered issue.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: UX 94-BTS

Post by JephYork »

The Uncanny X-Men Index doesn't list them either. I thought we updated the listings to match the Index a while ago?

-Jeph!
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

-edit-

Jeph responded while I was typing this, but I have it ready to go, so here it is anyway. :)

-edit-

I don't either.

This looks like the same situation as Odin "in" A 3.

Odin appears in JiM 112-FB, which occurs during A 3. The actions Odin takes in JiM 112-FB affects A 3, but that doesn't make Odin -BTS in A 3, because we see him take the action in JiM 112-FB.

Or, let's say Dr. Doom sets a bomb on a timer in FF 99, and we see him set the timer on the bomb in FF 99. Dr. Doom doesn't appear in FF 100 where the bomb explodes. Dr. Doom wouldn't be -BTS in FF 100 because we saw what he did to affect FF 100 in FF 99.

Or, let's say Dr. Doom sets a bomb on a timer in FF 100-FB, and we see him set the timer on the bomb in FF 100-FB. Dr. Doom doesn't appear in FF 100 where the bomb explodes. Dr. Doom wouldn't be -BTS in FF 100 because we saw what he did to affect FF 100 in FF 100-FB.

Now, let's say a bomb explodes in FF 100 and we find out somehow (through dialogue, or a note, or he left a photo of himself behind, or whatever in FF 100 or in a later issue) that Dr. Doom set the bomb, but we never see a scene that shows Dr. Doom setting a bomb. Dr. Doom would be -BTS in FF 100.

Going back to UX 94/CX 2, we have a CX 2 scene inserted into the time frame of UX 94. This sounds like a JiM 112-FB scene inserted into the time frame of A 3. We see what the characters are doing in CX 2, so it doesn't matter how it affects UX 94 because we see the action somewhere else.

Now, if they're -BTS in UX 94 for some other reason, that's a different story. But they're not; the recent Uncanny Index makes no mention of these three characters in the entry for UX 94, and in the entry for CX 2, their chronologies make no mention of being -BTS in UX 94.
-Daron Jensen
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

JephYork wrote:The Uncanny X-Men Index doesn't list them either. I thought we updated the listings to match the Index a while ago?
Was it only updated to match the singles, maybe, rather than the TPB? They're all listed BTS in OITTMU #2.
Col_Fury wrote:This looks like the same situation as Odin "in" A 3.

Odin appears in JiM 112-FB, which occurs during A 3. The actions Odin takes in JiM 112-FB affects A 3, but that doesn't make Odin -BTS in A 3, because we see him take the action in JiM 112-FB.
Even less than that. The events of the CX 2 insert don't get round to "affecting" UX until later! It's a case of retroactively creating a subplot for a couple of issues down the line (Moira's first appearance is in UX 96).