W/C

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

W/C

Post by Midnighter »

I see in Wolverine's chronology that Wolverine & Cable: Guts And Glory is placed before BEFORE THE FANTASTIC FOUR: BEN GRIMM & LOGAN. In W/C Cable battles the Volture, on his first criminal raid, and I assume that is placed shortly before ASM 2, and after James McDonald Hudson decides to form Alpha Flight inspired by Fantastic Four, as seen in AF 3/2. So I think that W/C has to be placed after BFF:BG&L 1/3, according to this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7035
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: W/C

Post by JephYork »

Correct. The introduction in the Wolverine Index TPB laid out Wolvie's chronology for this period, shortly after he was recruited by Dept. H:

"On an early mission, Wolverine recruited mutant Madison Jeffries (W:FCBD, ’09); he then helped free Iraq’s American embassy from insurgents, promising a dying hostage that he would avenge her (W #9, ’89 fb bts). Wolverine began working mainly in Siberia and Asia. He teamed with pilot Ben Grimm, later the Thing, on a Russian mission that pitted them against the Black Widow (BFF:Ben #1-3, ’00). In Japan, he battled the Hand (W #13, ’11 fb); in Hong Kong, he romanced Ai-Chia and befriended killer Roddy McLeish — but when McLeish murdered Ai-Chia’s father, Wolverine attacked him, leaving him for dead (W #119-121, 119 & 121, ’97-98 fbs). Shortly after the Fantastic Four made their public debut, Wolverine adventured with Seraph and Viper in Madripoor until Sabretooth seemingly killed Seraph (W #126, ’98 fb). Wolverine romanced druglord Takeshi Kishimoto’s daughter (SM/W #2, ’03 fb) and allied with the time-traveling Nathan Dayspring to capture D’von Kray, a menace from the 39th century. Dept. H tried to transform Kray into a Canadian agent, but he ran amok and Wolverine killed him (W/Cable, ’99). Wolverine teamed with CIA agent Rick Stoner to retrieve James’ stolen body armor prototype from Hydra (Fury, ’94), while James tried to mutate a murderer into another super-agent over Wolverine’s objections (AFlt #52, ’87 fb)."

-Jeph!