Captain Marvel vs. A@ #7 and M/TIO@ #2

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Captain Marvel vs. A@ #7 and M/TIO@ #2

Post by JephYork »

A friend just sent me this email. I don't know the answer to his question...can you guys shed some light on this?
Do you know why the Chronology Project lists Captain Marvel's appearances as CM #54, A@ #7, M/TIO@ #2 and then CM #55?

Issue #55 begins right after #54 ends. #55-56 are a two-parter. It would seem more appropriate to me if the two Annuals ran between #56 and #57. Is there a reason I'm missing?
Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks!

-Jeph!
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Captain Marvel vs. A@ #7 and M/TIO@ #2

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Well, for one thing, Murray Ward's Avengers Index #3 established this chronology. Secondly, CM 54 does not necessarily continue into CM 55. It's pretty easy to put a gap between those issues.
Paul B.
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Michael »

Issue 54 has to take place before A 161 based on Wonder Man's costume. Issue 57 takes place after Avengers Annual 7, which we have placed after A 166, so there's got to be a gap in there somewhere. And no, issue 55 doesn't have to continue from issue 54. Issue 54 ends with Marvel on a street and issue 55 starts with Marvel on the same street. But there's no reason to assume that issue 55 continues directly from issue 54.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Hang on. In Wonder Man's chronology, we have CM #54 placed between Avengers #162-164. Not before Avengers #161...

-Jeph!
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Michael »

Here's a link to scans of Wonder Man CM 54:
http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chronoco ... l_54.shtml
That's clearly Simon's original costume, not the costume that caused readers to wonder if Beast suffers from color blindness. However, Murray Ward's Avengers Index placed CM 54 between A 162 and A 164. I wonder if there's a reason why Ward ignored Simon's costume.