Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Wolverine's recent chronology

Post by Jason Doty »

Okay Fury,
What is your suggested order here? I agree only the trade dress is the only thing tying Uncanny to Original sin, thus far. All-New X-Men no.30 ties in with Uncanny X-Men no.23-24 and All-New X-Men no.26-29 happen right before Angel and X-23 leave on their date, but isn't All-New X-Men no.25 a stand alone, which I agree takes place before Original Sin because of Watcher's appearance.

So:

All-New X-Men no.25 (before Original Sin)

Uncanny X-Men no.19-22 (X-Men vs. SHIELD)

All-New X-Men 26-29 (Cyclops team attacked by future Brotherhood)

Uncanny no.23~All-New X-Men no.30~Uncanny X-Men no.24-25 (Will of Xavier, Storm's team of X-Men learn location of Cyclop's group, Nightcrawler alive)

Wolverine v6 no.1-5 (Wolverine has it out with Kitty, Knows where she is at, has it out with Thor, Thor has his hammer)

Wolverine v6 no.6-11 (Thor still has hammer)

Original Sin no.1-7 (Parker back to being Spider-Man, Thor unable to lift hammer, Cap not puny)

Captain America 16-21 (Cap becomes puny at end)

Did I get something wrong here? I think I got the major stuff. I still think "Puny Rogers, Thor's hammer, and Wolverine are going to be a problem to match up perfect. We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out with the Wolverine finale.

Lets add in anything I missed and see where we are going to place Avengers World.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Jason Doty wrote:
*Maybe Cap heard about the Black Knight's recent "Mental Health Issues" see Original Sins #2 for more
Then again, maybe Cap didn't hear about it. This note is not an in-story reference, and I dismissed it as saying, "Hey folks! If you like Black Knight, then check out Original Sins #2!" It's not necessarily a placement clue in my opinion.
Paul B.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Lets add in anything I missed and see where we are going to place Avengers World.
A5 24 -- Stark and Rogers discuss benching Logan and Superior Spidey.
SuSM 22-26 -- Superior Spidey leaves the Avengers.
SuSMTU 9-10 -- Follows from SuSM 22-26. Daredevil still in New York, apparently with secret ID intact.
DD3 31-36 -- Daredevil reveals his secret ID. Must be earliest chronological appearance of the FF's red costumes.
DD4 1-? -- Daredevil moves to San Francisco, sets up partnership with McDuffie.
SH5 1-6 -- Daredevil in San Francisco. She-Hulk sets up her own law firm.
UX3 17-18/GOTG3 11-13/ANX 22-24 -- Trial of Jean Grey crossover. Nightcrawler appears at the end. No Logan.
ANX 25 -- Watcher appears (or maybe he's a dream?)
ANX 26-29 -- Future Brotherhood attacks the New Xavier School.
UX3 19-23 -- The will of Charles Xavier (not an Original Sin crossover as marketed). She-Hulk's new firm is seen. No Logan.
UX3 24/ANX 30 -- The will of Charles Xavier. Continues right from both ANX 29 and UX3 23. Logan appears in civilian clothing and learns where Cyclops' hideout is. Laura joins New Xavier School.
UX3 25 -- The will of Charles Xavier.
W&X2 1-8 -- Laura at New Xavier School. Logan in classic costume. Daredevil in San Francisco.
W6 2-FB/W6 3-FB -- Logan has been benched by the Avengers and gets his armor from Superior Spidey, who already quit. (Given the Goblin storyline, Superior Spidey is here after SuSMTU 9-10, which follow SuSM 22-26.)
NC4 1-4 -- Logan learning to use new armor.
MSM3 6-7 -- Logan in his new armor. Not long after Infinity.
FF5 1-4 -- Logan in his armor. First appearance of the new red FF costumes in the team's own book.
AmX2 8-10 -- Logan wearing armor with the X-Men.
W6 4-FBs -- Logan quits the X-Men. He knows where Cyclops is based.
W6 1-12 -- Logan works for the Offer, then gets reinstated with the Avengers and makes up with the X-Men. He shouldn't appear in his armor with the Avengers before this arc.
AW 1-12 -- Logan in his armor (assuming we saw a correction mid-arc) with the Avengers. No sign of either Superior or Amazing Spidey, perhaps because this arc occurs while Superior Spidey is on the outs with the team. Superia changes costumes in this arc.
SuSM 27-31 -- Logan in his armor with the Avengers. The end of Superior Spidey and the return of Peter Parker.
ASM3 1-2 -- Continues directly from SuSM 27-31. The Avengers notice Spidey is back to his old self.
Original Sin -- Amazing Spidey is all "hey, I'm back gang, that wasn't really me."
All-New Invaders #6-7 -- An Original Sin tie-in
A5 25-28 -- Superia has her new costume. Arc ties in with All New Invaders #8, just days after All-New Invaders #7. No appearance by Logan, but he's a busy guy.
A5 29-33 -- More Original Sin tie-in, as Cap remembers his stint with the Illuminati. Still no Logan.

Also, we have:
TB2 (TB3?) 27-28 -- Logan in his armor with the Avengers.

I'm banking on a big gap between the current Wolverine series and the Death of Logan mini.

Thoughts? More to add?
Paul B.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

I'll look over your work. Looks real good so far Fury (I should have said Paul., sorry about that)

Wolverine and the X-Men v2 #1-7 (Quintin Quire leaves at end)
Ms. Marvel v3 #6 (Kahn's favorite Avenger)
Amazing X-Men v2 #1-7 (before Wolverine gets armor, Nightcrawler returns)
Amazing X-Men v2 #8-10 (After Wolverine gets armor)
X-Men: No More Humans GN (No junior Cyclops from the past, so after Trial of Jean Grey, before Wolverine gets armor, after Nightcrawler returns)
Then again, maybe Cap didn't hear about it. This note is not an in-story reference, and I dismissed it as saying, "Hey folks! If you like Black Knight, then check out Original Sins #2!" It's not necessarily a placement clue in my opinion.
I was just trying to be helpful in narrowing this down.
Last edited by Jason Doty on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

The problem with placing Avengers World is that it's still in the middle of its story. Until it wraps up, all we can do is make informed guesses.

I don't want to dismiss the Black Knight/Original Sins #2 reference, but I haven't read Original Sins #2 yet. Are Black Knight's problems related to the
Spoiler:
Watcher's eye exploding over Manhattan
? Or is it just Ebony Blade stuff that could happen before the crossover?

I'm waiting to see if Spider-Man ever shows up. And if he does, which one it is. :)
-Daron Jensen
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

I believe the Watcher tie-in with the Black Knight story in Original Sins #2 is that a Black Knight historian/author learned from the aforementioned explosion the secret that Whitman assaulted a robber dressed as Savage Steel.
Paul B.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Ah, gotcha. Hmm.

Well, if Spider-Man shows up in Avengers World, let's hope it's the Amazing one! Otherwise, we may have to get creative. :)
-Daron Jensen
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Actually, based on the chronology I laid out, I'm banking on any Spidey appearance in Avengers World as being Superior Spidey and Avengers World not ending in a way that would make it impossible for A5 25 to come after it.

Of course, Superia could just be switching back and forth between costumes....
Paul B.
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

You're well past the point Spider-Ock is going to turn up anew as the status quo.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Do we know that for sure? Just think, the Captain Marvel arc that just ended last week actually occurred before the entire chronology presented above. And Superior Spidey himself was in the Uncanny Avengers arc that just ended.

There's been a wide span of time represented in recently published comics.
Paul B.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Added more info to the chronology and moved A5 24 back.
Paul B.
Antonio Gaviño
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Antonio Gaviño »

At a quick glance, I can say AmX2 8-10 happen after ASM3 1-2. Spider-man appears in AmX2 7 after Peter Parker's mind is back on his body.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

That's right, Antonio. The question remains whether these issues of AmX2 need to go before or after Original Sin.
Paul B.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Now I'm trying to place AmX2 1-6 and AmX2 @ 1. Logan appears in his pre-armor costume in these issues, and I suspect that they take place before he even lost his powers. Here's the draft chronology I stitched together for the time prior to the time frame above.

INFINITY/NOVA5 8-9/MA2 1-3/TB2 14-20/NA3 8-11/A5 18-23/W&X@ 1/CM7 15-16/AAS 18-20/SuSMTU 3-4/MSM3 1-5/FDEF 10/SECA2 10-11/GOTG3 8-9 -- Gambit and Kitty at the Jean Grey School. No Nightcrawler.
AvAI 7-10 -- Aftermath of Infinity. Before UA 14, according to editor's note.
X:BOTA 1-2(1-28)/ANX 16-17/X4 5-6/UX3 12-13/W&X 36-37 -- Battle of the Atom. Gambit and Kitty at the Jean Grey School. No Nightcrawler.
AmX2 1-6 -- Nightcrawler returns. Gambit with the X-Men. Havok's face is not scarred.
ANXF 1-4 -- Gambit joins X-Factor; changes costume.
ANXF 5-12 -- Havok's face is not scarred.
AmX2@ 1 -- Nightcrawler and Kitty at Jean Grey School. No sign of Gambit. Logan has his healing power.
UA 7-22 -- The big Kang story arc. Logan has his healing power. Kitty at the Jean Grey School. Havok's face gets scarred. After AvAI 10, according to editor's note.
W5 1-13 -- Logan loses his healing power.
W6 1-FB -- Logan emerges from a 3-week recuperation following W5 13. Kitty's at the Jean Grey School.
X:BOTA 2 (29-31) -- Kitty quits the Jean Grey School.
ANX 18/UX3 18-FBs -- Kitty joins the New Xavier School.
UX3 15-16 -- Kitty with the New Xavier School.

Again, not all comics feature Wolverine. We're just trying to establish an MU chronology that will enable us to compile Logan's timeline.
Paul B.
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

Paul Bourcier wrote:Now I'm trying to place AmX2 1-6 and AmX2 @ 1. Logan appears in his pre-armor costume in these issues, and I suspect that they take place before he even lost his powers.
Nope, as I recall it's established in dialogue that the Firestar joins/NC returns arc takes place after BotA, and Wolverine gets run though and doesn't heal until they get back to the JGS and he's treated for the wound (there's even a comment to the effect of it being a fine time for him to have lost his healing factor).