MTIO 44(fb) GSH2 1 [DONE]

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

KirkM
Henchman
Henchman

MTIO 44(fb) GSH2 1 [DONE]

Post by KirkM »

There seems to be a mix-up in the timeline of either the Thing, the Hulk, or Hercules. According to the current chronology of Hercules, the Thing, Doctor Strange, the Hulk, and any number of Avengers, we get this order of events:

Champ 16 (Herc and Hulk)
GSH2 1 (Herc)
MTIO 44(fb) (Herc and Thing)
MTIO@ 2 (Thing and Avengers)
Aven 168 (Avengers and Doctor Strange)
Def 57-60 (Doctor Strange and Hulk)
Hulk 223-226 (Hulk)
Def 61-68 (Hulk)
GSH2 1 (Hulk)

I think this could be corrected in one of three ways.

1) Move GSH2 1 after MTIO 44(fb) in Hercules' timeline, unless Hercules makes some reference in MTIO 44 about the Champions breaking up. (I own the issue but don't have it with me.)

2) Reverse the position of MTIO 44(fb) and MTIO@ 2 in Thing's timeline. That way both GSH2 1 and MTIO 44 can occur after the 2-part Thanos story in A@ 7 and MTIO@ 2. (Although that seems like a long time for the Champions' alarm system to still be down at the beginning of Champ 17. I mean the Thanos story, the first two parts of the Korvac Saga in A 167 and 168, and all those Defenders and Hulk stories would have to happen before GSH2 1, and then Champ 17.)

3) Move GSH2 1 earlier in Hulk's timeline. Maybe it could happen right before Hulk 218, before news of the Hulk not being dead had time to reach Doc Samson. Or maybe between Hulk 221 and Def 51. He'd have to go from New York to California and back for that to work, but he could. Unless there's some reference in GSH2 1 about some later Hulk event. This one I don't own.

Over to you.
Somebody
Director
Director

Re: MTIO 44(fb) GSH2 1

Post by Somebody »

Pretty sure GSH2 1 should be the earlier placement - it references President [s]Carter[/s] "Clinton"'s appearance in CHAMP 16 as just gone.