Paladin M/PRM 43

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

KirkM
Henchman
Henchman

Paladin M/PRM 43

Post by KirkM »

I just read the search for Killgrave story from DD 149-154 in which Paladin made his first three appearances, or so I thought. I see that his solo story in M/PRM 43 is listed between DD 152 and 154. They were indeed published in that order, thanks to Daredevil being bi-monthly at the time, but I don't think it likely they occurred in that order.

DD and Paladin fight in Central Park in DD 152 when DD interrupts Paladin's pursuit of one of Killgrave's henchmen. Paladin stuns DD into unconsciousness. As DD is drifting off, Paladin says he knows where Killgrave is and will try to make it there before the now escaped henchman warns him. DD makes it back to his apartment at 2am that night, only a few hours since the fight, and immediately receives a call from the missing Heather Glenn, asking him to meet her at her place. He swings over, sore and exhausted from the fight, and is ambushed by Cobra and Mr. Hyde. The three of them fight for all of DD 153, at the end of which Hyde knocks DD out and abducts him. When DD comes to in 154, he's in an arena on Ryker's Island, with all those in attendance being controlled by Killgrave. Paladin makes his entrance on page 10 wondering how DD got there before him.

I looked through the story in M/PRM 43 searching for some reference to Daredevil or Killgrave or Ryker's or something that indicated that it had to occur in the few hours between DD 152 and 154. Didn't find anything.

The stories in DD 150-154 are written as happening over about 4 days. Particularly, DD 152 p. 4 thru DD 154 takes place in what seems to be less than 12 hours. Therefore, I think Paladin's story in M/PRM 43 should either be before DD 150 or between DD 154 and DEF 62.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Paladin M/PRM 43

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Just an FYI...The placement of Paladin in M/PRM 43 between DD 152 and 154 comes directly from George Olshevsky himself (page 57 of his Marvel Comics Index #9B from 1982). That doesn't necessarily mean it's right, but that's the source.
Paul B.
KirkM
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Paladin M/PRM 43

Post by KirkM »

That's interesting. I wonder how that works out?