Age of Apocalypse tweak

Chronology issues surrounding the non-Marvel Universes/Timelines.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Doombot616
Supporting Character
Supporting Character

Age of Apocalypse tweak

Post by Doombot616 »

Hi, I've been lurking here for a while. Lately I've been reading the Exiles, and I also am reading things which seem to tie in. I read Exiles 61, then I read Age of Apocalypse 1-6. I noticed a few things. First, Magneto does not seem to appear in AOA 3 (although maybe I'm missing it?). Secondly, while nothing is necessarily wrong with the current order (besides that extra Magneto appearance), it seems like the placement of EX2 61 before AOA 1 is ignoring a gap which seems to have purposely been inserted into the limited series to tie in to the Exiles appearances between AOA 2 and AOA 4. Here is what happens if we put EX2 61 there:

AOA 2: Quicksilver and Magneto take a team of X-Men to Mexico as Cerebro detected some of Apocalypse's former followers there.
EX2 61: Quicksilver, Magneto, Sunfire and Gambit all arrive and battle the Exiles in the Yucatan Peninsula.
AOA 3: A recap note indicates "Magneto, Sunfire, Gambit and Quicksilver are called away to another mission."
AOA 4: The four X-Men arrive back at their headquarters to join the battle with the Guthries.
AOA 6: Magneto mentions running into Blink and Sabretooth in Mexico to Jean during the epilogue.

Also worth mentioning the solicitation for EX2 61 includes this:
"This storyarc ties into this month’s special AGE OF APOCALYPSE limited series!"
EX2 61 and AOA 3 were both dated May 2005 (of course, there are other AOA issues dated May 2005).

There is one minor glitch, which is that Magneto's helmet is shattered in EX2 61, and it is back together in AOA 4. In AOA:BL he mangled and manipulated the metal of his helmet, so the idea that he formed it back together seems fine. That all being said, I could be missing something that forced these appearances to happen outside of the apparent editorially-intended timeframe. I tried searching to see if there was any discussion on this on the board, but I couldn't find anything.

So here are the changes I am proposing (all Age of Apocalypse character entries):

GAMBIT/REMY LEBEAU
X:OMEGA
AOASE /4
AOA 2-FB
AOA 1
EX2 61 moved here from after X:OMEGA
AOA 4
AOA 5
AOA 6

MAGNETO/ERIK LENSHERR
X:OMEGA (47 - 48)
AOASE /4
AOA 5-FB
AOA 1-FB
AOA 2-FB
AOA 1
AOA 2
EX2 61 moved here from after AOA 2-FB
(deleted AOA 3)
AOA 4
AOA 5
AOA 6
EX2 84

QUICKSILVER/PIETRO MAXIMOFF
X:OMEGA
AOA 5-FB
AOA 1-FB
AOA 2-FB
AOA 1
AOA 2
EX2 61 moved here from after AOA 2-FB
AOA 4
AOA 5
AOA 6

SUNFIRE/SHIRO YASHIDA
ASTONX 2-FB
AOA:BL
AOASE
{ASTONX 1}
ASTONX 2
ASTONX 3
ASTONX 4
AOA 1
EX2 61 moved here from after ASTONX 4
AOA 4
AOA 5-BTS
AOA 6

Thank you for reading!
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Age of Apocalypse tweak

Post by Col_Fury »

Welcome to the MCP, Doombot616! :)
-Daron Jensen
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Age of Apocalypse tweak

Post by JephYork »

He's right. Magneto's appearance in Exiles #60-61 should follow the scene in AOA #2 where Cerebro detects the Exiles' arrival.