2099 chronology

Chronology issues surrounding the non-Marvel Universes/Timelines.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

michaelyuri
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: Re:

Post by michaelyuri »

Starman wrote:Is the Spider-Man from SMTNN:MSM 1 really the same guy? In SMTNN:MSM 1 he claims to be the Spider-Man from the year 2500.
It's definitely the same guy. The 2500 line was just a joke: Peter says "I don't believe this! Spider-Man 2099 . . . 2211 . . ." and the new future Spider-Man quips "When it reaches 2500, Sell!" He's not actually saying he's from the year 2500.
Starman
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Sell?

Post by Starman »

michaelyuri wrote:
Starman wrote:Is the Spider-Man from SMTNN:MSM 1 really the same guy? In SMTNN:MSM 1 he claims to be the Spider-Man from the year 2500.
It's definitely the same guy. The 2500 line was just a joke: Peter says "I don't believe this! Spider-Man 2099 . . . 2211 . . ." and the new future Spider-Man quips "When it reaches 2500, Sell!" He's not actually saying he's from the year 2500.
Oh, then it seems like the translator took some liberties when translating to Swedish in my Swedish reprint... Damn translator... :hmmm:
- Stefan
Pro Wrestling (NES):
The super space-traveller Star Man wears a mask and a costume with a color palette that no human being alive would be caught dead in. With his awesome back flip kick to the face and flying head butt, he's the fan-fave.
Somebody
Director
Director

Re: 2099 chronology

Post by Somebody »

I thought the codes were going to be fixed to change TNN to 2099 (and XMTNN, specifically, to X2099)
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Wouldn't that be the code for X-Men, volume two-thousand ninety-nine? :outtahere:

watching: biography
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

:lol:
I think we're safe in that volumes shouldn't get THAT high, and that the average visitor would be able to tell the difference.

On the other hand, Ghost Rider & the Punisher seem to get rebooted with new volumes every few years lately...
-Daron Jensen
michaelyuri
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by michaelyuri »

Somebody wrote:I thought the codes were going to be fixed to change TNN to 2099 (and XMTNN, specifically, to X2099)
That seemed to be the consensus above, but I didn't want to waste time changing everything in this thread unless Russ weighed in, since I figure that he will make the final call on codes when the books eventually make it into the MCP.
Administrator wrote:Wouldn't that be the code for X-Men, volume two-thousand ninety-nine? :outtahere:
To be honest, that's the reason I decided to use the "TNN" abbreviation in the first place. Although, I suppose the precedent has already been set with X51.
-Mike