Search abbreviations

All the text on one page suddenly showing up bold? Bad links? Titles missing from the Key? Let us know here.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

fnord12
Minion
Minion

Search abbreviations

Post by fnord12 »

You're probably aware of this but i thought it would be good to make sure (i didn't see it mentioned on these boards). It looks there there is or was an effort to update a lot of the title abbreviations on the character listings and the key, like:

PPTSS -> SSM
SSBL&WP -> SSWP
MORBIUS -> MORB:LV

But for a little while now the search page has been out of sync and is still using the old abbreviations. If i should just shut up and wait until it's all sorted out, no problem. But if it would be helpful for me to list the abbreviations that need updating as i find them, let me know.
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Search abbreviations

Post by Russ Chappell »

I don't want to say that you "should shut up." We ARE aware of what's going on. A LOT of stuff is changing behind the scenes, and we're in the middle of it. We've streamlined the title codes to be more consistent. We've created new subpages. We've completely redesigned the Exiles Page and converted it into a page to hold all minor alternate universes and timelines. We're creating new subpages to house major universes and gradually moving alternate versions of characters off the main pages, all while adding over 500 new books since the last "update." All of these things impact the Search function.

There is no need to list the abbreviation changes. We know about them, and they'll sort themselves out, when the dust settles.
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
fnord12
Minion
Minion

Re: Search abbreviations

Post by fnord12 »

Thanks Russ. I appreciate all that you guys do.