All the text on one page suddenly showing up bold? Bad links? Titles missing from the Key? Let us know here.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

I just posted up Ultimates 2 #3, and Deadpool the Duck #2 in the Character watches, and they are not showing up.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Deadpool the Duck v1 #2

Post by Jason Doty »

Don't know why this post is not showing up!
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Deadpool the Duck v1 #2

Post by Russ Chappell »

How could you have replied to it, if it wasn't showing up?
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

I think he means on the main page. Each board has a little note of what the most recent topic is in that board on the right hand side, and the left-hand icon turns red if there's a new post (normally). The new posts aren't showing up on the right-hand side of the main page for me. I had to fiddle around with a few things to even see this post, for example. Not sure what I did, but I'm seeing it now.

Also, new posts aren't getting their red "turned off" once I've viewed new posts. I'll refresh the page and it's still telling me I haven't read the new post yet. I've tried refreshing the page, logging out and deleting my browser history (and cookies), but it's still happening.

It's ALMOST like things are stuck as they were on January 30...

There's something odd going on, for sure.
-Daron Jensen
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Hmmm...

It's working okay for me.

What's your browser?

Are you using a sock puppet?

And why do you have Bahia Banderas as your time zone?

Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Firefox

I don't know what a sock puppet is

It should be Chicago, but the board's not letting me into my user control panel to change it.

-edit-

I installed Chrome to see if there's a difference, and it is working better (I was able to change my timezone). However, the board's not keeping me logged in, so there's still something going on. With Firefox, it's like the board is confused if I'm logged in or not, it lets me post, but not get into my user control panel. I can't view user profiles, but I can search forums. It's odd.

-edit-

When I'm logged out in Chrome (because the board won't let me stay logged in), this post doesn't show up as the newest on the right-hand side on the main page; Russ' still does. When I log in, this post is the newest. So there's still something going on for both Firefox and Chrome.
-Daron Jensen
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Col_Fury wrote:I don't know what a sock puppet is
It's a second account. I want to make sure you only have one account here.
It should be Chicago, but the board's not letting me into my user control panel to change it.
What do you mean by "not letting me into"? Is there a link under the drop-down menu under your logged-in name? If so, what happens when you click it? Nothing? White page? Error message?

What happens when you go there directly? http://chronologyproject.com/phpbb2/ucp.php
-edit-

I installed Chrome to see if there's a difference, and it is working better (I was able to change my timezone). However, the board's not keeping me logged in, so there's still something going on.
That sounds like a problem with Chrome and cookies.

1. Click the menu icon on the browser toolbar.
2. Select Settings.
3. Click the Show advanced settings... link.
4. Click Content Settings... ...
5. In the "Cookies" section of the dialog that appears, make sure Allow local data to be set is selected to allow both first-party and third-party cookies.
6. Click Done.
With Firefox, it's like the board is confused if I'm logged in or not, it lets me post, but not get into my user control panel. I can't view user profiles, but I can search forums. It's odd.
Again, I'm thinking cookies, although I don't know why Firefox would suddenly show this behavior, unless Firefox recently updated.

Menu->Options->Privacy
History->Firefox will use: Custom Settings
Accept cookies from sites: Checked
Accept third party cookies: Always
Keep until: they expire

When I'm logged out in Chrome (because the board won't let me stay logged in), this post doesn't show up as the newest on the right-hand side on the main page; Russ' still does. When I log in, this post is the newest. So there's still something going on for both Firefox and Chrome.
At a loss here, right now. When I use Firefox, on the main forum page, everything's fine. You showed up as the last poster in the Bugs forum, both when I'm logged in, and not logged in.

Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Update:

After posting the above, and then returning to the main page, it still showed Fury as the last poster, when it should have shown me. I told Firefox to reload the page, and it correctly showed me. I then came back into this thread, and my reply above was missing. I clicked Refresh, and my post appeared. I'm highly suspicious of something going on in Firefox. It appears that Firefox doesn't recognize there's a new version of the page and is simply loading from the browser's cache.

Since (a) this is a new changed behavior for Firefox, and (b) I know that Firefox was recently updated on my computer, and (c) I know that I haven't changed anything in the forum software, and (d) I have no reason to suspect my provider has changed any server settings, I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is a problem with the new Firefox.

Can anybody else using Firefox duplicate this behavior? Can someone visit other phpbb sites with Firefox and see if they're having the same issue?

Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Other forums are starting to report this problem.

Stay tuned.

Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Okay, down and dirty way to check.

Go to the main page for the forum:
http://www.chronologyproject.com/phpbb2/

The forum's time is located near the top of the page, on the left. Make a note of the time.

Go read some threads. Spend a couple of minutes. Then go back to the main page. Look at the time. Has it updated, or is still showing the old time?

Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Just one account for me.

All of this is happening now in Chrome for me as well. When I first logged in, your posts were showing as new. I went to the main page to check the time, but my post was then showing as the newest one. I clicked back in and all your posts were gone. I refreshed the page and all your posts came back.

So it's not just Firefox.

Also, the time says 5:27PM, when it's actually 9:31PM. It's not even close. This is all in Chrome.

As for not letting me into my user control panel in Firefox: I'm already logged in. I try to go in and it wants me to log in again. When I do, it just takes me back to the main page. I do the whole thing again and it takes me back to the main page. That's in Firefox; I'll go try it in Chrome.
-Daron Jensen
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Chrome lets me into my user control panel just fine, but I noticed my timezone was screwed up again. I tried to set it back to Chicago, but I got this message:
Edit Global Settings wrote:The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Also, my new post from a few minutes ago wasn't there until I refreshed, again, using Chrome.

I'll go try your link using Firefox and see what happens.
-Daron Jensen
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Col_Fury wrote:As for not letting me into my user control panel in Firefox: I'm already logged in. I try to go in and it wants me to log in again. When I do, it just takes me back to the main page. I do the whole thing again and it takes me back to the main page. That's in Firefox; I'll go try it in Chrome.
I'm not able to duplicate this. I'm logged in on Firefox, and when I click the Control Panel link under my name, it takes me to my control panel.

Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Col_Fury wrote:Chrome lets me into my user control panel just fine, but I noticed my timezone was screwed up again.
It's just remembering the old page. Refresh the page. You're set as Chicago.

Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Following the link has the same result in Firefox. It wants me to log in again and just takes me back to the main page.

You listed a few other things to try. Give me a bit; I'm at work. :)

-edit-

Re: timezone. Yay!
-Daron Jensen