Daredevil appearance in Ninja Turtles

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Daredevil appearance in Ninja Turtles

Post by wolframbane »

I was reading through my old issue of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Vol. 1 #1, and came across an interesting reference. The accident that exposed the TMNT to radioactive waste which caused them to initially mutate, was apparently the same auto accident that exposed Matt Murdock to the material that rendered him blind and enchanced his senses. Althought the name of the boy was never mentioned in TMNT 1, it was obvious that it was Matt.
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/one/pg16.htm
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/one/pg17.htm

I would suggest for placement:

DAREDEVIL/MATTHEW MICHAEL MURDOCK
DD 209-FB
*DD 1-FB ~ TMNT 1 (16:1-17:1)-FB
DD -1

I would have to wonder if there was any connection to the Hand ninja in Daredevil and the Foot ninja in TMNT.

Oh yeah, and one more thing. I hope that everyone has a pleasant April Fool's Day!! :D
Enda80
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Daredevil appearance in Ninja Turtles

Post by Enda80 »

That was not "Matt's" only appearance in TMNT. In the 3rd story arc or so, the Ultroms recall bringing him to the hospital. I don't recall the exact issue.
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

Enda80 wrote:That was not "Matt's" only appearance in TMNT. In the 3rd story arc or so, the Ultroms recall bringing him to the hospital. Hulk don't recall the exact issue.
Having pronoun trouble?
rhod
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by rhod »

Pretty sure this has been raised before.

Surely we would not list characters appearances in non-Marvel comics?
"What no ten-dollar words? No witty repartee? Aren't you gonna do anything other than bleed?" - Victor Creed XF125
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Read the final sentence of wolframbane's post.

-Jeph!
Enda80
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Enda80 »

For the record, "Matt Murdock" made at least one more appearance in a TMNT story.

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mira ... /07/07.htm

As Leo questions the aliens' motives, a lone Utrom walks in and explains how they came to Earth. 20 years ago their ship had crash landed and killed one third of their crew. The survivors managed to integrate themselves into American society thanks to their high tech android disguises. The crew took jobs and quickly amassed enough wealth to buy the building that would become their headquarters. The Utroms salvaged what material they could in effort to build their Translocation Device - the Transmat. Unfortunately while working on their machine, the visitors had an accident 15 1/2 years earlier. The Utroms were bringing the last load of supplies from their crashed ship to their abode when a blind man walked in front of their truck, causing them to swerve out of the way. This violent action dislodged a cannister filled with alien ooze and it flew into the street, striking a young man in the head. The can contined to bounce down the street until it hit an aquarium full of turtles that a boy was holding, shattering it. The turtles and the cannister fell into the sewers, where the reptiles were bathed in the strange glowing ooze. It was then that Splinter found them... and the rest is history. The Utroms finally managed to contact their homeworld and were asked to remain in New York to continue observation of the planet.

I have seen the issue, and it is noted that the Ultroms rushed "Matt Murdock" to the hospital.

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mira ... n/pg21.htm