Heroes Con: Charlotte

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Dale Brackett
Supporting Character
Supporting Character

Heroes Con: Charlotte

Post by Dale Brackett »

Hello all:

I have been a member of this forum for a long time, and I have finally made my first post. I won't make any excuses for not posting before, but I will say that I will try to post more often.
I went to the Heroes Con in Charlotte, NC last weekend where I always have a good time. I have been to the con about 5 times previously. I was able to find some things I was looking for.
I wanted to say that I have been a colector of Marvel Comics for a very long time, ever since I was about 14 or 15, and I am 52 now. At my last count, I am closing in on 20,000 comics. It is a collection that I am very proud of.
I collect all new comics that Marvel puts out every week, with the following exceptions:
Icon line, Soleil line, and the Best-Selling Authors line. There are exceptions to this such as the Stephen King material being produced.
As I said, I will try to post more often, and I hope that I haven't been too long-winded.
Have a great day,
Dale
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Heroes Con: Charlotte

Post by Russ Chappell »

Welcome aboard, Dale! Looks like you were one of our first members. I think you'll find the posting gets easier, the more you do it. So if my math is right, you would have signed up for Marvel about the time of Amazing Spider-Man #100?

watching: kiss kiss bang bang
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
Dale Brackett
Supporting Character
Supporting Character

Re: Heroes Con: Charlotte

Post by Dale Brackett »

That would be about right. Even though I had been exposed to Marvel years before that, I never started collecting until then. If I only knew then what I know now, I would never have gotten rid of my earlier issues.
I have filled in a lot of holes since I first began, and with the launch of the Masterworks line, I have filled in even more. I have approximately 42 of them at this time, and I am working to eventually obtain the entire line.
I have always loved the continuity that Marvel shows in their books, and when I ran across the Marvel Chronology Project site, I knew that I had found something special. It is just so interesting to see how it all works, and how the marvel universe and its characters all interact together. You guys do a fantastic job. Keep it up.
Dale