Punisher's family's names - where were they revealed?

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Punisher's family's names - where were they revealed?

Post by JephYork »

Which would be why I said "retroactively"...

-Jeph!
JLH
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by JLH »

jephyork wrote:Plus, I think Punisher MAX was recently and retroactively declared non-canon.
That's good and bad. Good in that there are so many contradictions (aside from the Micro and Jigsaw problems, the killing of Frank's family doesn't match at all), but "Born" really did fit really well with what's been revealed otherwise. I guess that was back when MAX was coming off "Alias" and still could skirt the issue better about canonicity.

Of course on the subject of the family's death, aside from all the various mob motives I've brought up, another aspect differs in many of the tales. Namely what the Castles were specifically doing right before getting killed. You've got the most used one, flying kites. There's tales where all four are flying the same kite, where just the kids are flying kites, where just Frank Jr is flying a kite with his father. You've got the "just having a picnic" version. You've got just the kids finding the mobsters, you've got the whole family finding them, you've got the family being ambushed without warning, you've got the family getting shot while running away. And of course you have the reasons for being in Central Park. The regular one is Frank's on leave to get the Congressional Medal. You've also got just a regular family picnic after Frank left the military. Sometimes he's been out for months, other times he just got off the plane! Then there's the hair color of the family. Usually Maria's a blonde, but sometimes she's a brunette. Her hair length also differs. The kids also go from blonde to brunette between tellings, not to mention their ages. I've seen Frank Jr be a baby, or be the oldest of the two kids!

*doh*
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Does the declaration of non-canonicity apply to all past Punisher series under the MAX banner or just the current one (volume 8)?
Paul B.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

There's only been one MAX Punisher series, hasn't there? You may be thinking of Ennis' previous two series, which were Marvel Knights...

-Jeph!
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Well, there have been a number of Punisher MAX one-shots(like Force of Nature, Little Black Book, etc), I suppose they could be considered a series of #1's. And some of those DID reference the main MAX title.

Born was released during the tail-end of the last Marvel Knights volume, and before Punisher MAX started. Also, it's just called Born, there's no Punisher in the title. Sure the series featured the character, but it wasn't called Punisher, you know? So even though Born was released under MAX, I'd like to give it the benefit of the doubt until we hear otherwise.
-Daron Jensen