Marvel Zombies Supreme

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

DonCampbell
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Marvel Zombies Supreme

Post by DonCampbell »

Just a quick question: Does anyone know where in the Marvel Multiverse the upcoming MARVEL ZOMBIES SUPREME miniseries is set? The Marvel Previews solicitations mention Project Pegasus (which would mean Earth-616) but several onlines sites are stating that it's set on Earth-712, the home of the original Squadron Supreme.

Either way, I'm probably going to get it but it would be nice to know for sure if it might have any effect on Reality-616 beforehand.

DonCampbell
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Marvel Zombies Supreme

Post by Russ Chappell »

I'm curious: Why would a mention of Project Pegasus translate to Earth-616?
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
DonCampbell
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by DonCampbell »

Russ Chappell wrote:I'm curious: Why would a mention of Project Pegasus translate to Earth-616?
The only stories involving Project Pegasus which I've ever read were set on the "mainstream" Earth or on "What If?" Earths that had diverged from it. Of course, it's also possible that Earth-712 has its own Project Pegasus but there is a clear precedent for names of places (cities, states, etc.) on Earth-712 being different than the names of their counterparts on Earth-616. Also, the solicitation for the first two issues describes the Squadron Supreme as "heroes exiled from another dimension to our own" (i.e. Earth-616) and then Project Pegasus infected them with a zombie virus. It sure sounds like they mean Earth-616 to me but, as I said, some websites have referenced Earth-712 instead.

Don Campbell
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

I'm not sure why you're limiting your assumptions to ONLY Earths 616 and 712. For all we know this could be the Project Pegasus of Earth-375690328, who are playing host to the Squadron Supreme of Earth-700876432119846382351287390.

Yup, the solicit does say they were sent to "our" Earth, but solicit text isn't always exactly on the money. And, to get pedantic, "our" Earth is Earth-1218 according to Marvel.

I'd say Wait And See...

-Jeph!
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

In New Exiles #1, the 'real world' is called Earth-1218. In Marvel Zombies 5 #5, I think it is called Earth-0000.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Earth-1218 is OUR WORLD. The real world that you and I see every day.

Since we saw adventures take place on Earth-0000 that plainly did not actually occur in our real-life world, then 0000 by definition cannot be "our dimension". It's just very similar.

The "1985" series allegedly occured in "our world" too, but since those events didn't ACTUALLY happen in real life, that can't be Earth-1218 either. The Handbooks stated that it occurred on Earth-1219, in an effort to say "yeah, it was pretty close to the real world."

Basically, no Marvel character can ever visit Earth-1218 without destroying the premise that it's literally our dimension. If they ever do, they've created a divergent dimension which needs to be renumbered.

-Jeph!
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

But the heroes of the DC Universe visited the real world as Earth-Prime. (now I am gonna go hide under a blanket before ppl start with the pitchforks and torches - LOL)
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

I can't tell if you're being silly or serious.

The DC characters can't actually visit "the real world". Our real-life world will never ever see a DC Comics character visit from another dimension. (Because they don't actually exist out there.) DC characters can visit worlds *very similar to our real-life world*, but that's as close as they can get.

Same with Marvel. No story can ever truly be set on Earth-1218 unless it's a more or less word-for-word adaptation of a real-life event. Any story purporting to be set "on our world," is NOT actually set here if it contains events that didn't actually happen in our real-life world.

-Jeph!