X/SM and X&SM

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Chuckles
Supporting Character
Supporting Character

X/SM and X&SM

Post by Chuckles »

Hi

Thanks to everyone involved.

In Spider-Man's chronology he has a listing for X&SM (X-MEN & SPIDER-MAN) and X/SM (X-MEN/SPIDER-MAN). I know one of these refers to Gage's X-Men/Spider-Man mini-series from 2009, but I'm not sure about the other. Can someone point me to it? Thanks.
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: X/SM and X&SM

Post by Russ Chappell »

There is only one book, and the mistake is caused by Index Clash.

The ASM Index TPB says that Spider-Man appears in X-Men & Spider-Man between ASM 82 & 83, while the X-Men Index TPB says he appears there between ASM 80 & 81. The Index uses the abbreviation X/SM, but the proper abbreviation for us would be X&SM.

Normally, I would say that the Spider-Man Index would trump the X-Men Index for Spider-Man's chronology, but the X-Men TPB was the more recently published book of the two, so it's possible the X-Men volume was correcting a mistake in the Spider-Man TPB.

The X/SM in Spider-Man's chronology should be changed to X&SM (there should be no X/SM), but which is the correct placement? Jeph? Daron?
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
Chuckles
Supporting Character
Supporting Character

Re: X/SM and X&SM

Post by Chuckles »

Thanks, Russ.

The placement of X&SM 1 before SM/HT 2 rather than after seems right to me because Kraven is in both but gets apprehended at the end of SM/HT 2.