FANTASTIC FOUR MOVIE

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

chrissy
Minion
Minion

FANTASTIC FOUR MOVIE

Post by chrissy »

Hey, everyone! By the subject title, you might think I'm here wanting to talk about the new Fantastic Four movie reboot that's in production right now. But that's not exactly my purpose. I just posted a review of the 2005 Fantastic Four movie in the Marvelous Zone, detailing some of the issues I find with the movie, and I have some questions.

I would love it if some of you seasoned Marvel fans would take a look and let me know how you feel about that movie. Maybe I’m being too sensitive? I mean…am I right, or am I right? Or am I wrong??

Thanks!
Chrissy
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: FANTASTIC FOUR MOVIE

Post by Jason Doty »

Great article Christy,

Can't say I'm a fan of the movie either. While I knew the movie would be updated and adjusted for a more general audience, I was hoping at the time that they would use the Ultimate version's origin story that would make much more sense to today's audience, while still keeping the flavor of the original.

I agree that the casting was poor also. I don't think Jessica Alba was a good pick for the Invisible Woman and actually wished for a CGI Thing instead of the live version.

With the awesome job Marvel has been doing with there current films, it would be nice to see them get there catalog of characters back from Fox and Sony. The greatest thing about the Marvel Universe is that it is a shared universe and with the separate companies each controlling the rights to different properties, It loses that feel.

Keep up the great articles.
chrissy
Minion
Minion

Re: FANTASTIC FOUR MOVIE

Post by chrissy »

Ah, so! Russ agrees with me about most of this stuff, and especially about Jessica Alba, but it’s nice to get further confirmation.

Oh….and I agree! How cool would it be if ALL the Marvel characters lived together in the same movie universe? You’d never know when Dr. Strange was going to pop in on the Fantastic Four, or Daredevil might swoop in the assist the X-Men. If this were the case, the potential cameo appearances could be just as entertaining as the main story!

Thanks for your input, Jason! You’ve given me something to think about….
Chrissy