Haunt of Horror #5

Here's where you report issue analyses of any issue in any universe or timeline.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

lettsmonster
Big Bad
Big Bad

Haunt of Horror #5

Post by lettsmonster »

Haunt of Horror #5 (January 1975)
1st Story
by Doug Moench and Sonny Trinidad

APPEARANCES:
Gabriel Rosetti, Desadia, Michael Christopher, Charlotte Christopher, Jenny Christopher

SYNOPSIS:
Charlotte Christopher, a pregnant woman in Harlem, loses her husband Michael in a plane crash. Soon after, Charlotte gives birth to a baby girl, Jenny. Soon after the birth, a demon possesses the child.
Meanwhile, Gabriel goes missing for two weeks until Desadia locates him in the South Ferry District of Manhattan, in a drunken stupor fighting the dark dreams which constantly plague him. After regaining control of himself, Gabriel receives a call for aid from the doctor of Charlotte. Racing to Charlotte's apartment, Gabriel saves the innocent baby from the inhabiting demon with the power of love.

2nd Story
by Doug Moench and George Evans

A man kills his wife in a rage when seeing her worshipping the demon Astaroth. After dumping the body, the man is plagued by visions and nightmares. He is finally captured by a coven of Satanists whose leader is his dead wife, ready to sacrifice him to Astaroth.

3rd Story
by David Kraft (writer) and Paul Kirchner & Rudy Nebres (artists)

A deformed man finds refuge in a commune that cares nothing about his ugly appearance. However the man finally leaves when he believes they are only letting him stay out of pity. Shortly after leaving, a group of Satanists drug him, force him to kidnap a beautiful girl from the commune, and sacrifice her. Coming to his senses after the sacrifice, the deformed man kills all the Satanists and then drowns himself.

4th Story
by Chris Claremont and George Evans

APPEARANCES:
Satana, Satan, Michael Heron, Agathon (a greater demon of Hell)

SYNOPSIS
Satana continues the hunt for Miles Gorney, secretly her father Satan in disguise. Agathon finds her first, claiming that Miles Gorney wants her fealty and showing the severed hand of Heron. Satana is knocked unconscious by Agathon and wakes in the offices of Gorney. Heron is also a prisoner of Gorney yet Satana resists Gorney's offer, killing Agathon and fighting Gorney's other servants. Heron is badly wounded in the battle.
At this point Satan reveals himself to his daughter. Everything she had gone through was a test to see if she truly was the devil's daughter. The final test is to claim the soul of Michael Heron for Satan. Instead she lets Heron die a free man. In punishment Satan exiles Satana from Hell for all time.

SUGGESTED PLACEMENT:

The characters currently in the MCP featured in HOH2 3-5 are Gabriel Rosetti, Desadia, Satan, and Satana.
I have listed my suggestions for these character placements below.

ROSETTI, GABRIEL
MU 11 (12:3-13:5)-FB
MU 11 (15:4-15:7)-FB
{HOH2 2}
*HOH2 3
*HOH2 4/5
*HOH2 5
MU 11

DESADIA
MU 11 (15:4-15:7)-FB
{HOH2 2}
*HOH2 3
*HOH2 4/5
*HOH2 5
MU 11

In both the Gabriel Rosetti and Desadia chronologies I have isolated the flashback sequences from MU 11 which hadn't been done before.

SATAN/"MARDUK KURIOS"
M/SPT 13 (8:4 - 9:3)-FB
M/SPT 13 (11 - 20:5)-FB
M/SPT 13
M/SPT 15
*HOH2 2/3
*HOH2 2/4
*HOH2 4
*HOH2 4/5
*HOH2 5/4
DS2 15
DS2 16
SOS 1
SOS 3

In both Satan and Satana's chronology I have added both the relevant stories from HOH2 2. Only one had been previously listed.

SATANA
{VT 2/4}
VT 3
HOH2 2/3
*HOH2 2/4
*HOH2 4
*HOH2 4/5
*HOH2 5/4 (4:7-5:2)-FB
*HOH2 5/4
VT 9/5
M/SPT 24
M/PRM 27
M/PRV 7
M/TU 80
M/TU 81

I have tweaked the Satana chronology in a couple of ways. VT 2/4 through HOH2 5/4 seems to be one epic storyline wherein Satan is testing his daughter so i grouped these together. Also I think we should remove M/SPT 22 from the chronology as Satana only appears in Daimon Hellstrom's mind as a dream foe due to the influence of the gypsy Madame Swabada. Thanks!
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Haunt of Horror #5

Post by Col_Fury »

Thanks a bunch, lettsmonster! :)
-Daron Jensen