The Life of Pope John Paul II #1

Here's where you report issue analyses of any issue in any universe or timeline.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

vanhornluke
Major Player
Major Player

The Life of Pope John Paul II #1

Post by vanhornluke »

THE LIFE OF POPE JOHN PAUL II #1 (1982)
By Steven Grant

APPEARANCES:
New Yorkers, Pope John Paul II (Karol Wojtyla), Karol Wojtyla, Sr., Emilia Wojtyla, Polish citizens, schoolkids, teachers, Mieczyslaw Kotlarczyk, actors, Archbishop Adam Stefan Sapieha, Adolf Hitler, Nazis, Father Figlewicz, Polish refugees, Jan Tyranowski, Mieczyslaw (Mietek) Malinski, Red Army, seminarians, Italians, Jerzy Turowicz, George Ciesielski, Bishop Eugene Baziak, Pope Paul VI, bishops, nun, kangaroo, Australian Aborigines, Father Witkowski, Pope John Paul I, Vatican guards, Cardinl Pericle Felici, Kazimierz Kakol, Cardinal Wyszynski, citizens of Zaire, Brazilians, Eastern Orthodox Patriarch, doctor, unnamed New York reporter

SYNOPSIS:
A retelling of the life of Pope John Paul II, told by an unnamed New York reporter.

NOTE:
There’s a page where an Eastern Orthodox patriarch appears when the pope visited Turkey in 1979. It looks to me like he’s probably either Demetrios I of Constantinople or Shenork I Kaloustian of Constantinople. Unfortunately, only one patriarch is depicted and he isn’t named, so I can’t tell which one he is supposed to be. On a different note, in figuring out where to place Hitler’s appearance, I noticed an error in his MCP chronology. He appears in HTC 3, not HTC 3/2. I believe the error occurred because the first story in HTC 3 is split into two chapters, but it’s clearly two chapters of the same story, not two stories. I didn’t check other characters’ chronologies to see if this same error appears elsewhere (or if the characters appearing in later stories in the issue have the stories misnumbered).

EXTRA:
I noticed that the pope had a couple other appearances that were overlooked when those issues were added to MCP. I've taken the liberty of adding them in below as well.

Chronologies:

BAZIAK, EUGENE
LOPJPII 1-FB

CIESIELSKI, GEORGE
LOPJPII 1-FB

FELICI, PERICLE
LOPJPII 1-FB

FIGLEWICZ, KAZIMIERZ
LOPJPII 1-FB

HITLER, ADOLF
TOS 66/2 (5:6 - 6)-FB
FORTUNE:ICHH&N /5-FB