Call For Analyses: Missing Books

Here's where you report issue analyses of any issue in any universe or timeline.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Call For Analyses: Missing Books

Post by Col_Fury »

The Gap is closed! However, we still have some holes in the chronologies. This is a Call for Analysis for books missing from the Project before 2004. We’re still working on older submissions, which is why they aren’t listed here, and as these books are submitted they’ll be removed from this list as well. Please look over the list and let us know if there’s anything you can help out on by submitting an analysis.

That's a wrap!

Any help that people can provide would be greatly appreciated. As always, thanks to all who post on this forum!
-Daron Jensen
Starman
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Call For Analyses: Missing Books

Post by Starman »

SPIDER-MAN DAREDEVIL: USUAL SUSPECTS 1-4 (2001)
SPIDER-MAN: HOBGOBLIN LIVES #1-3 (1997)
I could take a shot at these two series.
Last edited by Starman on Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Stefan
Pro Wrestling (NES):
The super space-traveller Star Man wears a mask and a costume with a color palette that no human being alive would be caught dead in. With his awesome back flip kick to the face and flying head butt, he's the fan-fave.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Thanks, Starman!
-Daron Jensen
JD
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by JD »

I may try analysing the HOOD mini this weekend. It'll be a break from my DD early chronology research.
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

I would like to review Conspiracy. The Silver Age revelations in that story just make my mouth water.
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

wolframbane wrote:I would like to review Conspiracy. The Silver Age revelations in that story just make my mouth water.
And it's now been referenced in NW4 #7 :)

I could do Guardians, but I'm not sure that it's canon...

[Remainder of post split to '2004 "Guardians" mini canon?' in MU at Admin's request, along with follow-up discussion.]
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Thanks folks!

I vaguely remember a discussion here about Guardians back when it finished up, and I remember it being on Paul B's Calendar Call list, and I remember him taking it off, but I can't find an analysis in the Archives. I'll have to do some digging tonight after work, but did we decide it was non-canon? I don't remember...
-Daron Jensen
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

FANTASTIC FOUR FIREWORKS 1-3 (1999)
IIRC, this series is a retelling of the events in FF #35-40. Branded "Marvel Remix" or something similar, it's just about as canon as "Professor X and the X-Men".

-Jeph!
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

A quick search for cover art confirms that 'Marvel Remix' is on the covers for Fantastic Four: Fireworks. Can anyone confirm that this is a retelling, like Jeph described?

And Somebody, it sounds like we'll need an analysis of Guardians to see if it's canon or not.
-Daron Jensen
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Col_Fury wrote:
A quick search for cover art confirms that 'Marvel Remix' is on the covers for Fantastic Four: Fireworks. Can anyone confirm that this is a retelling, like Jeph described?
Yup. It's a retelling. Not canon.
Paul B.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Col_Fury wrote:IRON MAN: THE LEGEND (1996)
There were four of these, Captain America, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, & Thor. I have the Captain America one, and it's mostly information, but in the back is a 'missing' sequence. I'm assuming there's a 'missing' sequence in all four of these and that's why Iron Man is listed. However, I'm not seeing any of the four in the Key, and I'm not seeing the missing Captain America sequence in his chronology.

Do all four have a missing sequence of new material? If so, we'll need analyses for all four. I have Cap covered...
-Daron Jensen
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

Guardians' discussion split to '2004 "Guardians" mini canon?' thread in MU at Admin's request. [There's some orphaned half-posts because I copy'n'pasted posts, and some referred to both the CFA & Guardians.]
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Please add the 4-issue Deadline to the list. I know you said it was "addressed" in archive 46, but only its placement was discussed. I need an analysis.

watching: tru calling
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

wolframbane wrote:I would like to review Conspiracy. The Silver Age revelations in that story just make my mouth water.
This intrigued me, and in my travels today I stumbled across both issues. Igor Kordy's name was on the cover so I bought them without thinking twice. Thanks for the tip! :) Flipping through the first issue I've already noticed a scene from the Invaders... issue 4 I think. So yeah, if you run into any tangles with this one, I'll chip in what I can.

I also picked up some other stuff on this list, so I'm sure I'll get around to some of them eventually.
-Daron Jensen
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

Man I love this story. I will have my review posted in the next couple of days. There were so many little details in it, its gonna take forever lol