MARVEL MYSTERY COMICS 70TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL indexed

Here's where you report issue analyses of any issue in any universe or timeline.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Leoparis
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

MARVEL MYSTERY COMICS 70TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL indexed

Post by Leoparis »

MARVEL MYSTERY COMICS 70TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL
Cover Date: July 2009
Cover: Paolo Rivera, Marcos Martin
Story: Project Blockbuster
Credits:
Feature Characters: Sub-Mariner, Human Torch, Ferret, Toro, Angel, Pr Philo Zog (between Marvel Mystery Comics 19/5 and TWELVE: SPEARHEAD)
Supporting Character: Betty Dean
Villains: Dr Manyac (from MARVEL MYSTERY 4), Gaufman
Paraphernalia: Electro (between Marvel Mystery Comics 19/5 and TWELVE: SPEARHEAD), Green Flame robots (from MARVEL MYSTERY 4)
Chronology: Spring 41

The date is given as Spring 41. I assume that the presence of Zog/Electro occurs after the end of their feature in Marvel Mystery

The presence of Ferret is a problem since Brubaker kills him in 1940 in Marvels Project.

Sub-Mariner,

Human Torch,

Ferret,
MARVEL MYSTERY COMICS 4/6
MARVEL MYSTERY COMICS 5/6
MARVEL MYSTERY COMICS 6/6
MARVEL MYSTERY COMICS 7/6
MARVEL MYSTERY COMICS 8/6
MARVELS 3
MARVELS 4 (dies)
MARVEL MYSTERY COMICS 70TH (alive)

Toro,

Angel,

Pr Philo Zog
MARVELS PROJECT 3
MARVEL MYSTERY COMICS 4/5
Marvel Mystery Comics 19/5
MARVEL MYSTERY COMICS 70TH
TWELVE: SPEARHEAD
TWELVE 1

Electro
Marvel Mystery Comics 19/5
MARVEL MYSTERY COMICS 70TH
TWELVE: SPEARHEAD
TWELVE 1
Last edited by Leoparis on Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: MARVEL MYSTERY COMICS 70TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL indexed

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Thanks, Leoparis. Your notes are appreciated, although Col_Fury did sign up for this one. What actually happens in this issue? Analyses should include plot synposes and a breakdown of scenes with passage of time noted. I'm sure Col_Fury will want to assign specific dates to the scenes in this issue.
Paul B.
Leoparis
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Leoparis »

I've been working on an index for The Twelve and I have been checking the 70th Anniversary specials and The Marvels Project to make sure I didn't omit anything. This is still in progress.
So I'm letting you benefit from my research.

Synopsis: Namor has an appointment with Betty Dean in Coney Island. She's attacked by armed men who also try to kill her contact, the Ferret. A Green Flame robot attacks Namor and escapes. The Ferret briefs them in his apartment, Prof Zog has disappeared. Betty Dean arranges a meeting on a roof with the Human Torch who tells them of his earlier encounter with Dr Manyac and his green flames battlesuits. As HT and Toro leaves they are attacked by Green Flames robots. HT is captured while Toro comes back to alert Namor, Dean and Ferret (still on the roof). The Angel fights nazi spies and asks them where he can find the Torch and project Blockbuster. The Torch is a prisoner, he finds Pr Manyac has allied himself with nazi Herr Gaufman. They have captured Pr Zog and built green flame robots. Namor, Toro, the Angel, Betty Dean and the Ferret attack the place. They fight the robots, free Pr Zog who uses Electro to destroy the robots. The bad guys launch a giant Green Flame robot which gets destroyed. The End.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Thanks, Leoparis. :)
Paul B.