search function

All the text on one page suddenly showing up bold? Bad links? Titles missing from the Key? Let us know here.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

TheDeuce
Big Bad
Big Bad

search function

Post by TheDeuce »

i'm wondering if there's a way to modify how the search function works on here. i tried searching for "captain america" in the issue analysis forum and it told me that that was too common of a phrase! i understand that it might be a common thing to say on here, but it seems a little odd that i can't search for it.

also. i know we have a checklist for what books have yet to entered into the MCP database, but is there a list of comics that no one's done an analysis for, so they're not even eligible to go into the database?
Somebody
Director
Director

Re: search function

Post by Somebody »

And "Spider-Man" brings up
No posts were found because the word spider-man is not contained in any post.
Which seems a bit iffy...

And, in theory at least, The Checklist is every canon book which has not been entered into the MCP, whether they've had an analysis done or not.
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: search function

Post by Russ Chappell »

Fixed.

The issue with Spider-Man is that the search is rather wonky with hyphenated words. It finds Spider-Man if you search on "spider" but not "spider-man". As for "captain america", the search feature won't display results, if a certain percentage of messages contains the word. By default, that percentage was 5%, which seemed a little low to me. I reset it to 20%, and now "captain america" shows up just fine.
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe