Marvel Calendar -- Latest Edition Now Online

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

SeanCurtin
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Marvel Calendar -- Latest Edition Now Online

Post by SeanCurtin »

Paul Bourcier wrote:I believe time does pass between Cap's surrender and his murder, during which he's incarcerated. Thus the gap between 5:2 and 5:3. And I believe BP3 26 (7-8) and BLADE8 9 occur during that period, as well as CW:FL 11 (6-12).
I think you meant BP4 26 here.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Sean C. wrote:
I think you meant BP4 26 here.
Indeed. Thanks.
Paul B.
Ork
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Ork »

Paul Bourcier wrote:Ork wrote:
I found some problems with the "Annihilation days".
For example, October 30 is Annihilation Day+11 and +12, and November 13 is AD+40 and +41. Is it on purpose?
Check out my entry for Annihilation: Prologue on October 23 of Year 23:
"Because NOVA4 1 occurs roughly 'six months' after this segment, all those references cannot be Earth days, but rather "Annihilation days" that I estimate are half as long as Earth days."

Does this change any of the corrections you suggested?
I understand that.
But if October 30 is AD+11 and AD+12, November 13 should be AD+39 and AD+40 (28 Annihilation days later are 14 Earth days, not 14.5).
ANNIHILATION: SUPER-SKRULL #1 (1-10) is AD+41. It should be on November 14.
If ANNIHILATION #2 - FB is AD+183, it should be on January 24, not 23.
ANNIHILATION: HERALDS OF GALACTUS #1 (12-22) is AD+223, it should be February 13, not 12.
ANNIHILATION #6 (25-26) is AD+277, it should be March 11, not 10.
Ork
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Ork »

Paul Bourcier wrote:I don't have the Annihilation comics, so can't see how I messed up page counts. I may have misinterpreted a posted analysis. If you're sure on those page counts, I can change 'em. Thanks!
I have the French ones. If someone with the original version could verify, it'd be better.
Ork
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Ork »

I suppose you meant to start at 5:3. I cannot see one month between panels 2 and 3. I would have made only one entry:
March 13
CAPTAIN AMERICA v5 #25 (4-15:4)
Thanks for noticing the lack of ":3." I believe time does pass between Cap's surrender and his murder, during which he's incarcerated. Thus the gap between 5:2 and 5:3. And I believe BP3 26 (7-8) and BLADE8 9 occur during that period, as well as CW:FL 11 (6-12).
No problem to have the surrender and the murder one month apart. But CAPTAIN AMERICA v5 #25 (4-5:2) is only a TV news reporter recounting the events, not the events themselves.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Ork wrote:
No problem to have the surrender and the murder one month apart. But CAPTAIN AMERICA v5 #25 (4-5:2) is only a TV news reporter recounting the events, not the events themselves.
Yes, but the reporter's dialog makes little sense if it all occurred a month after Cap's surrender. "---if you're just tuning in, you heard correctly. Steve Rogers -- Captain America -- has surrended to authorities. The brutal conflict over the Superhuman Regustration Act is over....Though whether Rogers' arrest will bring peace or healing to the super hero community...or to this nation...is a question that only time can answer." This is clearly written as a breaking news story.

Ork wrote:
I understand that.
But if October 30 is AD+11 and AD+12, November 13 should be AD+39 and AD+40 (28 Annihilation days later are 14 Earth days, not 14.5).
ANNIHILATION: HERALDS OF GALACTUS #1 (12-22) is AD+223, it should be February 13, not 12.
Ah, I see. Are these the only Annihilation entries that have problems?
Paul B.
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

HOUSE OF M #8 (1-6:5)

The same morning as HOM:DA 1 (1-2) and GSMM 1. Layla Miller is woken by her mother on a school day.
Per X-Factor v3 #6 & #9, this didn't happen. #6 establishes Layla's as an orphan who lived in an orphanage pre-M-Day; and she writes this scene off in #9 as:
Layla Miller, XF3 9 (16:4-16:5) wrote:"I don't have any 'folks'." [WOLVERINE: "What, but you said..."] "I lied. In the... 'other' world... I had parents. But not before. And not now. I had this nice dream of them, just before things changed back. My mom was calling me, telling me it was time for school. Then I woke up, back in the orphanage. Back in the world I hated."
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Somebody wrote:
Per X-Factor v3 #6 & #9, this didn't happen. #6 establishes Layla's as an orphan who lived in an orphanage pre-M-Day
Thanks, Somebody. I'll edit that calendar entry.
Paul B.
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

MARVEL TEAM-UP v3 #22 (7-8)

The same night as M/TU3 21. At the hospital, Curtis' friends are told that his prognosis is not good.

MARVEL TEAM-UP v2 #22 (14-15)

The same night as M/TU3 22 (7-8). This segment occurs "weeks" before M/TU 23/2 (1-2). Troy and Jeffrey stand beside the

bed of the comatose Curtis.
One of these volume numbers is wrong. It's the "v2" one - although "M/TU 23/2 (1-2)" also drops the 3.

[Remind me, BTW, how did all the double-spacing happen again?]
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Somebody wrote:
Remind me, BTW, how did all the double-spacing happen again?
The problem occurs when I convert my original WordPerfect document into an HTML file. If anyone has pointers about how to maintain my single spacing in the conversion process, please let me know.
Paul B.
Ork
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Ork »

Yes, but the reporter's dialog makes little sense if it all occurred a month after Cap's surrender. "---if you're just tuning in, you heard correctly. Steve Rogers -- Captain America -- has surrended to authorities. The brutal conflict over the Superhuman Regustration Act is over....Though whether Rogers' arrest will bring peace or healing to the super hero community...or to this nation...is a question that only time can answer." This is clearly written as a breaking news story.
Right.
I guess I've been mistaken by the French translation where the dialog in panel 3 seems to follow immediately the one in panel 2.
And by the fact that they put the same background behind the reporter.
And that she has the same clothes.
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

Paul Bourcier wrote:The problem occurs when I convert my original WordPerfect document into an HTML file. If anyone has pointers about how to maintain my single spacing in the conversion process, please let me know.
One way is to do your document writing in an html file originally.
Ork
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Ork »

Paul Bourcier wrote:I don't have the Annihilation comics, so can't see how I messed up page counts. I may have misinterpreted a posted analysis. If you're sure on those page counts, I can change 'em. Thanks!
From the Annihilation Analysis Thread, I see that A:SIL has a recap page that is not in the French issue. That's why I counted only 23 pages.
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

Recap pages don't count (or, at least, shouldn't be counted) unless they have at least one original panel on them (like Ant-Man and the Ultimate books). The only Annihilation-related book that qualifies on that score off the top of my head is the Conquest Prologue.
Ork
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Ork »

I understand that.
Ah, I see. Are these the only Annihilation entries that have problems?
Checked with both the comics I have and the Annihilation analysis thread.

Add to these four, the A:SIL 3 on AD+20/21, not AD+21/22 (already indicated somewhere in this thread) and that's all I found.