Secret Invasion [SPOILERS]

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Somebody
Director
Director

Secret Invasion [SPOILERS]

Post by Somebody »

There's a Prologue/Prelude up on Marvel.com - I've not read it (it's for paying subscribers only - anyone here fall into that category?), but the reports on what it contains are consistent on a point - Dum Dum Dugan was apparently killed & replaced shortly after Cap v5 #25:-

(Summary from a Newsarama poster. Apply salt.) "Basically, the scene is set not too far after the death of Steve Rogers. A group of agents in a bar, one of them is blaming all the recent happenings (Civil War, Cap's death) on Fury and how he just disappeared. Dugan hears this gets upset, to say the least and he leaves. He meets up with Contessa. She asks where is Fury and has Dugan contacted him, when Dugan swears he hasn't talked to him or know where he is, she stabs him with claws like Wolverine's. As he's bleeding he looks up and watches her change to look like him."

Are Iron Man v4 #15-18 placed before or after that right now?

The first half of SI 1 is also online here: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20185202,00.html
JD
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Secret Invasion [SPOILERS]

Post by JD »

I've read the thing, and that's quite an accurate description.
Spoiler:
On the other hand, I'm not sure Dugan actually dies. Especially as the Skrull concludes by saying "Don't worry, he likes you" (whoever "he" is).
Dugan's certainly survived worse than that.
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

JD wrote:I've read the thing, and that's quite an accurate description.
Spoiler:
On the other hand, I'm not sure Dugan actually dies. Especially as the Skrull concludes by saying "Don't worry, he likes you" (whoever "he" is).
Dugan's certainly survived worse than that.
Thanks to a very nice person who-shall-remain-nameless, I've read for myself now too...
Spoiler:
It's "He loves you", not "He likes you".

Given how Bendis has been going on about Skrull religion as part of this - which is going to spin-off more directly in the Incredible Herc issues - I'm thinking that MAY just be a direct swipe from Battlestar Galactica, with infiltrating Skrulls = infiltrating Cylons. "Don't worry, you're going to die, but Kly'bn loves you."

The other question is "what about the Contessa" - if Skrull Contessa becomes Skrull Dugan, who was that in Cap #26 talking Sharon off the ledge? The real Contessa?
WayneLW
Supporting Character
Supporting Character

Post by WayneLW »

Two points –

First, the summary is accurate, as other posters have mentioned.

Second, you don't need to be a paying member of Marvel.com's DCU to read the online preview, you merely have to be a registered member of Marvel.com, which is free and not the same thing as paying for a subscription to Marvel.com. I know this because that's how I read it. You register with Marvel.com, but don't to buy DCU, and you can read the preview. Blame Marvel.com's crappy site design for the confusion.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Are Iron Man v4 #15-18 placed before or after that right now?
I have IM4 15-18 after CA5 25.
Paul B.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

So now that Secret Invasion #1 is out, I've finally read the obscured text. And as it turns out, none of it spoiled Secret Invasion #1. *doh*

For those interested, they're talking about an internet exclusive Secret Invasion prelude on Marvel.com It's now available to everyone, so go check it out.

Also, according to Tom Brevoort's blog, there are currently no plans for this to hit print form, it was conceived as an internet exclusive.(though it may be included in a trade later on) I'm not sure how to list it... it's a prelude, so I'm thinking we would list it as:

SI: P

for Secret Invasion: Prelude, no number. Or:

SICC

for Secret Invasion Cyber Comic, similar to the way we listed the Gambit internet-only comic from way back when.

As for Somebody's 'other question':
Spoiler:
Even though Dum Dum was approached by a Skrull posing as the Contessa, I don't think she was *replaced* by a Skrull. It was just a way to question him without him becoming suspicious, and when the Skrull got it's answer it replaced *Dum Dum*. Meaning yes, that was the real Contessa in Cap #26.
-Daron Jensen
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

...and now it's been printed in Secret Invasion #1 Director's Cut!

There's a recap page, then the first story is the prelude. There's another recap page, then the second story is Secret Invasion #1, then there's Bendis' script.

I guess we can list it as:

SI 1 DC.
-Daron Jensen
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Fury, if there's new material in SI 1 DC, would you care to post an analysis? Thanks.
Paul B.
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

What about the Secret Invasion: Home Invasion thing that's apparently on the Marvel website - part video blog, part online comic?

http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories ... e_Invasion
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?id=1 ... ge=article
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Paul Bourcier wrote:Fury, if there's new material in SI 1 DC, would you care to post an analysis? Thanks.
No problem. Sometime later this week, most likely.
Somebody wrote:What about the Secret Invasion: Home Invasion thing that's apparently on the Marvel website - part video blog, part online comic?
I'd say just the comic parts. If one follows the link Somebody provided, you can see the Young Avengers make an appearance, and as revealed at the Secret Invasion panel at ChicagoCon, Nick Fury will make an appearance in an upcoming installment.(4? I forget) Also, from the same panel, there's tentative plans for these to be collected in print, but who knows when that will happen. In any event, I would say:

SI: HI

for an abbreviation.
-Daron Jensen