Daily Bugle destruction?

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Daily Bugle destruction?

Post by wolframbane »

I believe in the Spider-Man Handbook, it states that the Daily Bugle building was outright destroyed and subsequently rebuilt on two occassion. Would anyone know what issues the destructions and reconstructions occurred?
Somebody
Director
Director

Re: Daily Bugle destruction?

Post by Somebody »

I think that would be Maximum Clonage: Omega and The Final Chapter for the destruction (presuming it wasn't totalled in WWH).

Anyone willing to brave those stories to check?
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Just checked Maximum Clonage Omega (ooh, foil cover...). A bomb threatened to destroy the Bugle but the building was spared.
Paul B.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Peter Parker Spider-Man #98(Final Chapter pt 4) does show the destruction of the Bugle, Spider-Man has to hold the building up as it's evacuated. And then in the reboot, the Daily Bugle has a redesigned look.
-Daron Jensen
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Might the other time be in Peter Parker: Spider-Man #75? As I recall, there were some bonus pages added to the TPB that showed a couple of workmen in the basement after the Spidey/Scarlet/Goblin fight, saying that the building might have to be condemned due to the structural damage.

-Jeph!
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

Thanks for the help guys. I was trying to figure out some placement of the events of Conspiracy #1. Bugle reporter Cliff Garner had hidden evidence of Control's actions behind a wall at the Bugle before his apparent death "eight years ago", and I wanted to see if the Bugle this occurred in was technically the same one when the pictures were found.
Starman
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Starman »

Didn't Nitro blow up in the Daily Bugle offices during the time Norman Osborn owned the DB?
- Stefan
Pro Wrestling (NES):
The super space-traveller Star Man wears a mask and a costume with a color palette that no human being alive would be caught dead in. With his awesome back flip kick to the face and flying head butt, he's the fan-fave.