Brief synopses needed - Punisher v3 #1-11

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Brief synopses needed - Punisher v3 #1-11

Post by JephYork »

I'm looking for a resource that can tell me what happened, in brief, in Punisher v3 #1-11. What was his status quo at the time? What ongoing stories were running through the book? From what I can recall, he was being pursued by SHIELD, which at the time was being run by G.W. Bridge -- is this accurate? Also I vaguely remember something about an electric chair in #1.

Can anyone that has the issues help me out ... or does anyone know of an online resource that has synopses?

Thanks in advance...

-Jeph!
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Brief synopses needed - Punisher v3 #1-11

Post by JephYork »

Scratch that -- just #10-11 now. :-)

-Jeph!
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

I only have issue 1 of that volume... because Frank was getting the chair for 'killing' Fury. I didn't bother with any issues after that.

After a very quick search on the internet, it looks like issue 10 has the 'death' of Jigsaw & issue 11 has the crash of a Helicarrier. :? (It looks like I'll be searching for this volume at Chicagocon) I couldn't find any place that had plot synopses, though. Good luck!
-Daron Jensen
PopularLoser
Hero
Hero

Post by PopularLoser »

I have #1-10 of this series but it's been a very LONG time since I read them. And I don't know when I could get around to doing analyses of them.
[Insert Witty Remark Here]
rhod
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by rhod »

If you can wait till later tonight I should be able to do this for you. How brief do you want? :)
"What no ten-dollar words? No witty repartee? Aren't you gonna do anything other than bleed?" - Victor Creed XF125
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

#10 can be really brief -- does the Punisher leave the Geraci crime family? Does SHIELD appear at all?

#11 is the one I need lots of detail on. Does SHIELD reference the fact that the Punisher killed Nick Fury? Are they currently after him? What references do they make to the events of the in-progress Onslaught storyline? What arrangement do they come to at the end of the issue, after the Punisher helps save the Helicarrier from being looted? Etc etc.

Thanks, rhod!

-Jeph!
rhod
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by rhod »

#10 - Opens with Jigsaw in Punisher costume, claims Geraci family are all dead, Frank Castle with them. Punisher abducts Tombstone, ties him to a wrecking ball, and interrogates him while demolishing a building, before dropping him in the river. Castle phones Jigsaw, tells him he's alive, Jigsaw freaks out. Punisher attacks, kills everybody except Hatchetman, shoots Jigsaw in the head. Only surviving Geraci mobster, Leslie, falls and breaks her spine. Punisher journal ends "As a crime family the Geracis were dead...They couldn't go back to the way they had been, neither could I. I'm a different man now than when I waged war on crime... I define myself by the battles I fight. I just have to find what I'm fighting for.." [No SHIELD anywhere]

#11 - Opens with Frank describing the scene (Onslaught has taken over Manhattan, an EM pulse has taken out all elcetronic equiment, Sentinels standing round everywhere, Helicarrier has just arrived, X-men are known to be involved but noone knows in what way, FF and Avengers have been sighted)
Pgs 4-9 - Punisher journal quote "makes me wish Nick Fury was alive. Makes me really wish I hadn't killed him". SHIELD helicarrier and paraglide troopers go up against Sentinels, come off worst, Helicarrier crashes.
Pg 10 - Frank makes his way towards the carrier (to prevent local gangs attacking it)
Pgs 11-15 - local gang, Junkyard Dogs assaults SHIELD, who are unable to access there weapons, and many of whom including Dugan are wounded from the crash.
Pg 16-21 - Punisher arrives on scene. He and Bridge fight a delaying action while the carrier is evacuated then auto-destruct the helicarrier.
Pg 22 - Bridge asks Punisher's help to stop a new mutant terrorist group, says "You owe SHIELD.You killed Nick Fury when he was trying to help you.Yeah you were drugged out of your mind, all that. If you were any other person, Fury wouldn't be dead." Punisher agrees to work off his debt.

Hope this is everything you were looking for. If you need any more Punisher-related help, I'm your man!
"What no ten-dollar words? No witty repartee? Aren't you gonna do anything other than bleed?" - Victor Creed XF125
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

This was *perfect*. Thanks, rhod!

-Jeph!