Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

tlynch
Henchman
Henchman

Correction for "Blackbyrd"

Post by tlynch »

Hi all,

Long-time user, first-time poster. I discovered the Chronology Project a ways back and am enjoying it tremendously -- I have fond memories of the old "Official Marvel Index" chronologies and am glad to see someone's carrying it on!

That said, naturally, I've got a correction. :)

Detective Nathaniel Byrd ("Blackbyrd") is listed in lots of issues of Deadly Hands of Kung Fu, which I assume is accurate -- but he's also in issues 9 and 10 of the original run of Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man. I don't know if he appears anywhere after that, but he's definitely in those -- it was a Bill Mantlo fill-in with the first color appearance of the White Tiger.

Thanks to all,
Tim Lynch
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Correction for "Blackbyrd"

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Hi, Tim. Good to have you posting, and I'm glad you're enjoying the site. :)

I don't have PPSS 9 but I can confirm that Blackbyrd is in PPTSS 10. No idea how this synchs up with DHKF, though. Perhaps someone else could shed light there. Thanks for notifying us.
Paul B.
Arthur
Director
Director

Post by Arthur »

And I can confirm PPTSS 9.

The White Tiger's listing shows PPTSS 9 following DHKF 32/2, so going by that...

BYRD, NATHANIEL ALEXANDER "BLACKBYRD"
. . .
DHKF 32/2
**PPTSS 9
**PPTSS 10
tlynch
Henchman
Henchman

Post by tlynch »

Thanks for confirming the previous corrections on Blackbyrd, folks. Now I've got more: he also appears in the first two parts of the White Tiger story backing up issues of PPTSSM, so he'd be in PPTSSM 49/2 and PPTSSM 50/2. In terms of what's currently posted here, those would be his final two appearances.

TWL