Justice or J2?

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Justice or J2?

Post by wolframbane »

Alright, we have Justice vol. 1 abrreviated as J, and Justice vol. 2 as J2. So what do we use for the series J2, the MC2 series about Juggernaut's son? May I suggest using J2 for J2, and changing Justice volumes 1 and 2 to JUSTICE and JUSTICE2?
michaelyuri
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: Justice or J2?

Post by michaelyuri »

In my MC-2 chronologies (available in archive 77) I used the code JTWO, since J2 was already taken. I don't particularly care which code ultimately gets used, but it does seem a little clearer to me in most cases to reserve numerical digits for volume numbers.
-Mike
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

michaelyuri wrote:In my MC-2 chronologies (available in archive 77) I used the code JTWO, since J2 was already taken. I don't particularly care which code ultimately gets used, but it does seem a little clearer to me in most cases to reserve numerical digits for volume numbers.
Likewise (and rather anti-intuitively, I'll admit), the code for the book "4" is: "FOUR".

watching: house
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

POTRZEBIE.

-Jeph!, not helping
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

How about "MC2J" for J2?
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

How about "J2" for J2?

In most cases, it makes some measure of sense to spell out things that could cause confusion: "FOUR" for 4, etc.

However, in this case, we've CREATED confusion: there's a book called J2, and an abbreviation "J2", and even though they're letter-for-letter the same thing, they don't refer to the same book!

This would be like having an abbreviation "X-MEN", and hoping that people will know that it refers to "Xavier: Many Erotic Nights", instead of to the much more well-known title that it's actually spelling out.

The J2 thing is bad. Let's change it.

-Jeph!
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

jephyork wrote:How about "J2" for J2?

In most cases, it makes some measure of sense to spell out things that could cause confusion: "FOUR" for 4, etc.

However, in this case, we've CREATED confusion: there's a book called J2, and an abbreviation "J2", and even though they're letter-for-letter the same thing, they don't refer to the same book!

This would be like having an abbreviation "X-MEN", and hoping that people will know that it refers to "Xavier: Many Erotic Nights", instead of to the much more well-known title that it's actually spelling out.

The J2 thing is bad. Let's change it.
What he said.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Jeph wrote:
This would be like having an abbreviation "X-MEN", and hoping that people will know that it refers to "Xavier: Many Erotic Nights"
Actually, that would be X:MEN, not X-MEN. :wink:
Paul B.