Wolverine: Origins 21-25

Here's where you report issue analyses of any issue in any universe or timeline.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wolverine: Origins 21-25

Post by Col_Fury »

Wolverine: Origins #21
March, 2008

Appearances:
Wolverine, Deadpool

Synopsis:
Pg1-pg22: San Francisco
Deadpool attacks Wolverine!

Wolverine: Origins #22
April, 2008

Appearances:
Wolverine, Deadpool

Synopsis:
Wolverine fights Deadpool!

Wolverine: Origins #23
May, 2008

Appearances:
Wolverine, Deadpool, Winter Soldier

Synopsis:
Wolverine and Deadpool fight each other! Meanwhile, the Winter Soldier looks at Captain America’s uniform.

Wolverine: Origins #24
June, 2008

Appearances:
Wolverine, Deadpool, Daken

Synopsis:
Pg1-pg7: San Francisco
Deadpool talks to a tied up Wolverine.
Pg8-FB
A young Deadpool is yelled at by his drunk military father.
Pg9-pg10: San Francisco
Deadpool talks to a tied up Wolverine.
Pg11-pg12-FB
A young Deadpool teaches his drunk dad a lesson.
Pg13-pg22
Deadpool talks to a tied up Wolverine. As he’s about to try to kill Wolverine, Daken walks in.

Wolverine: Origins #25
July, 2008

Appearances:
Wolverine, Deadpool, Winter Soldier, Daken

Synopsis:
Deadpool fights Daken, and Daken frees Wolverine. Wolverine gives a signal, and the Winter Soldier shoots Daken in the head with a Carbonadium bullet. Wolverine takes Daken and leaves Deadpool to heal, as he reveals that it was the Winter Soldier who hired Deadpool in the first place.

References:
Remember the shadowy figure in Wolverine: Origins #20? That’s revealed to be the Winter Soldier here.

There are a handful of FlashBacks in issue 25, but they’re all reminder FlashBacks and contain no new information.(like Emma Frost telling Wolverine he has a son, getting Carbonadium bullets from Cyber, dropping the bullets off with Bucky, etc)

That’s the classic Captain America uniform that Bucky was looking at two issues ago, not the fancy new one he’s wearing now as the new Cap. We already know this happens after Cap was killed, but I would also say now that this is before Bucky decides to become the new Captain America. So really, between CA5 25 & 26, sometime during that ‘month’.

As for the Deadpool Flashbacks:

DEADPOOL/JACK/"WADE WILSON"

C&D 19 (5)-FB
*W: O 24 (8)-FB
*W: O 24 (11-12)-FB

C&D 19 (11)-FB

Next issue promises the origin of Daken~!!1!1!`
-Daron Jensen
Somebody
Director
Director

Re: Wolverine: Origins 21-25

Post by Somebody »

Col_Fury wrote:That’s the classic Captain America uniform that Bucky was looking at two issues ago, not the fancy new one he’s wearing now as the new Cap. We already know this happens after Cap was killed, but I would also say now that this is before Bucky decides to become the new Captain America. So really, between CA5 25 & 26, sometime during that ‘month’.
Double-checking - you're absolutely sure it fits there, and not between CA5 33 & 34? (where Bucky appears in Winter Soldier costuming in YAP 1 [the Patriot issue])

Because you're placing this somewhere in the region of Cable/Deadpool #34-36 by putting it between Cap #25-26. That doesn't feel right at all for DP.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Somebody wrote:between CA5 33 & 34? (where Bucky appears in Winter Soldier costuming in YAP 1 [the Patriot issue])
Yeah, that works better. Good catch!
-Daron Jensen
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Working this into the calendar, I theorize that Deadpool appears in W:O 20-25 during the gap between C&DP 48 and 49. I have Winter Soldier as the shadowy figure in W:O 20 between CA5 27 and 28 and theorize that it took a while for Wade to catch up to Logan, allowing CA5 28-33 to occur in that period. Then I have W:O 21-25 occurring between CA5 33 and 34. Does this make sense?
Paul B.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Sorry, that's my fault for not making it clearer. Back when I analyzed Wolverine: Origins 20 I layed out reasons why this arc should happen after Cable/Deadpool 50... and then forgot to check how that fell in line with Captain America. The biggest placement clues we have are

After Cable/Deadpool 50, thanks to Deadpool's staus quo.

and

Before the Winter Soldier becomes the new Captain America, thanks to the Winter Soldier's status quo, but after Captain America is killed.
Somebody wrote:between CA5 33 & 34
That works for Winter Soldier, how does it line up for Deadpool? If it's after Cable/Deadpool 50, then that's absolutley where we should put it. There's really no placement clues for Wolverine, and I don't think it matters much for him at this point, anyway. The arc does takes place in San Francisco, though, and according to upcoming X-Men solicits, it could mean something for the next arc. But right now, it's fairly freestanding for Wolverine.
-Daron Jensen
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

If Deadpool can't appear here between C&DP 48 and 49, then I'll need to move CA5 28 etc. after C&DP 50, which must occur after A4 37. At first glance, that doesn't appear to be a problem. Let me give that a shot. Thanks, Fury.
Paul B.