Ender's Game

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

TheDeuce
Big Bad
Big Bad

Ender's Game

Post by TheDeuce »

some Dark Tower talk in another thread reminded me about this.

one day while i was picking up my latest books i mentioned Orson Scott Card's Ender series to someone else that was there, because i loved that series (well, i've only read the original 4). interestingly enough the comic shop owner said, "well, i guess i should give you this." it was a small promotional poster for an upcoming comic adaption of the first book!

from wikipedia:
Marvel Comics and Orson Scott Card announced on April 19, 2008 that they would be publishing a limited-series installment, 'Ender's Game' to be released in the Summer of 2008. It will be the first in a plan to release a comic book series based on all of Card's Ender's Game novel series. Card was quoted as saying that it is the first step in moving the story to a visual medium.
it's been ages since i read these, so perhaps when i'm done with the Dark Tower i'll reread the first for books and the ones i haven't read.

anyone else excited about all of this?
Peter Fabricius
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: Ender's Game

Post by Peter Fabricius »

Very much.

I have the 8 novels, but not the short story collection. (can't remember the title of that at the moment)

I just hope they do it as well as the Dark Tower series.
Only three weeks on the job and already I live for seeing his forehead turn that shade of pink.
TheDeuce
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by TheDeuce »

well, if the poster i got is any indication of what the art's going to look like, than the art is going to be nowhere near as good as The Dark Tower series' art.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

I've never read any of them, but I know of them. And from what I hear, Card is very protective of that series, which is why we haven't seen any adaptations of them yet. Knowing that, if Card's happy with it I just might check out the comics...
-Daron Jensen
Ross
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Ross »

I read "Ender's Game" and enjoyed it, but something felt a little off. Then I read Card's essays about politics, gays, religion, etc, and figured out what it was. My desire to read any more of his stuff decreased markedly.
Kevin W.
Director
Director

Post by Kevin W. »

Ross wrote:I read "Ender's Game" and enjoyed it, but something felt a little off. Then I read Card's essays about politics, gays, religion, etc, and figured out what it was. My desire to read any more of his stuff decreased markedly.
I read "Ender's Game" when I was a teenager, and loved it, but never got around to reading the other books. I only found out about his political views within the last couple of years, when I read on Newsarama about some people trying to force Joe Quesada to kick Card off of writing "Ultimate Iron Man" because of his political views. I have to admit, I found new respect for Joe Quesada after that for sticking up for Card, (I don't like it when certain groups want to shut down people who have different political opinions).

Thanks for the link, as it spells out his political views in greater detail. I find myself not agreeing with all of it, but liking the parts I do agree with. But even having said all that, I'm not sure I'll pick this comic up...I bought the first issue of "Dark Tower" but didn't buy the rest. It was okay, it's just that I'd rather spend that money on the latest issue of Spider-Man, or Hulk, or Daredevil, etc.... :)
Keeping track of Bendis References since 2001!