Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Somebody
Director
Director

X-Men: First Class v2 #12-15

Post by Somebody »

Preview: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... disp=table

Chronological stuff: X:FC 8 is referenced, Angel's parents show up (in a recent FB).
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: X-Men: First Class v2 #12

Post by metaldragon »

Tricky. Jean talks with Cerebro so post-UX 12. Warren's parents appear but this looks like it's the first time they meet Warren's "classmates" so it would have to be before UX 18, unless Professor X did some serious memory wiping on them there. UX 18 reads like Warren's parents had met them already and didn't need to be introduced so it looks like this needs to go in the UX 13-14 spot again. Or to be more specific, X:FC2 9 & UX 14.

Oh, and Warren's father must have grown his moustache between his appearance here and UX 17! lol!
"May the Light shine forever!"
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

Uh oh. Just noticed the reference to X:FC 8! Looks like THAT will have to be moved or the Worthingtons got their mind wipe!

If it's the "move" situation, things may now look like:

UX 12-13
X:FC 7-FB
XMF 3
X:FC 7
X:FC 8-FB
X:FC 8

X:FC2 2
X:FC2 3
X:FC2 3/2
X:FC2 6/2
X:FC2 9
X:FC2 12
UX 14-18
X:FC 2
X:FC 3
X:FC2 4
[moved]
X:FC2 6
X:FC2 7
X:FC2 8
X:FCS 1/5-FB
X:FC2 1
UX 19

So yea, I guess the references in U:FC 7 that Professor X was away on vacation refered to his trip to Africa after all! *doh*
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

Further uh oh now that I've got the issue... Warren stays in Brazil at the end of this issue and may not be back for a while from the sound of it. I wonder how long this story arc will last? How much time is there between UX 13 & 14 again...?

I noticed another little point... Wanda sends Jean a letter. So this is definitely after UX 11 and probably when W & P are in the Balkans before Magneto tracks them down (M/H&L ‘97). Otherwise, if it's set later, Wanda could just pick up a phone from the Avengers Mansion or the cabin in X:FC2 7 and give Jean a call if she wanted to (or, since this is "modernized", email or text message).
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

Notably, next issue's cover appears to be story-related rather than generic like the last few (it's by Cruz, who's also doing the main story for the two-parter, rather than Pags) - and Angel's the only absentee from the five. [Pags generic covers resume with #15, which shows Angel]
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

metaldragon wrote:
UX 14-18
Actually, X:FC2 12-FB needs to go just before X:FC2 12.

metaldragon wrote:
How much time is there between UX 13 & 14 again...?
Presumably both 13 and 14 occur during the June of Peter Parker's graduation from high school and Reed and Sue's wedding.
Paul B.
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

Paul Bourcier wrote:metaldragon wrote:
UX 14-18
Actually, X:FC2 12-FB needs to go just before X:FC2 12.

metaldragon wrote:
How much time is there between UX 13 & 14 again...?
Presumably both 13 and 14 occur during the June of Peter Parker's graduation from high school and Reed and Sue's wedding.
Oh right! Actually... I noticed there are 2 flashbacks. The second one, where Warren's parents tell him about Mimi, takes place between panels of the first one.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

metaldragon wrote:
Oh right! Actually... I noticed there are 2 flashbacks. The second one, where Warren's parents tell him about Mimi, takes place between panels of the first one.
Doesn't the second flashback occur completely after the first?
X:FC2 12-FB (2:2-3:5)
X:FC2 12-FB (4:3)
X:FC 12

And FWIW, the story occurs "a week and a half" after Mimi sent Warren a postcard.
Paul B.
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

Paul Bourcier wrote:metaldragon wrote:
Doesn't the second flashback occur completely after the first?
X:FC2 12-FB (2:2-3:5)
X:FC2 12-FB (4:3)
X:FC 12

And FWIW, the story occurs "a week and a half" after Mimi sent Warren a postcard.
[edit: Re-read. Never mind...]

Oh, and there's yet ANOTHER flashback bit: Warren as a child getting a post card from Mimi. Not sure when that might take place.
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

I guess this topic should be retitled #12-14 at least (possibly 15 even) because of the ongoing plotline with Angel being away.

This issues guest stars Dr. Stack, Machine Man (only called Aaron here, and referred to as one of the X-series robots), and FBI agent Baker (who appeared previously in X:FC2 10 if I remember correctly).

There is a flashback to Thor battling a Lava Man, so this story must take place chronologicly after that. Does anyone know which issue that took place in and which issue of UX it took place around calender-wise?

The back-up strip is an interesting one. It has a flashback to the first meeting between Professor X and agent Baker. Not sure when that would go. Possibly durning X:FC 2 while Professor X was away at a conference? It shows agent Baker has earned the trust of "other underground subjects" like Daredevil (drawn wearing his original Yellow and Red costume), and has connections with "many powerful figures in the world" including: the Stranger, Black Bolt, Mr. Fantastic, [a woman with blond/white hair/light coloured hair, anyone know who this might be?], Ikaris, Iron Man, and Gorilla Man (I guess, interesting outfit he's wearing...).

If this strip takes place in reality and isn't just metaphorical, it will probably need to take place after X:FC 14 as Jean only just met him for the first time here.
Enda80
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: X-Men: First Class v2 #12-14

Post by Enda80 »

Lava Men appearances in JIM#97 and Avengers I#5.

Machine Man's appearance should not cause the granny knots in continuity that the Man-Thing appearance did.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

X-51 #12 (4)-FB is where Abel Stack begins research into artificial life.

X-51 #12 (5)-FB is where X-29 is created.(Abel Stack is present) Unlike the previous attempts in the X-series, which were all insane, this one is insane & homicidal. Col. Kragowski and his military unit destroy it.

2001 #8 begins with X-35 asking why he was constructed, which leads directly into Dr. Broadhurst making the decision to detonate all of the X-series robots... within 30 minutes! One by one the remaining X-series robots detonate and Broadhurst mentions he told Stack of the decision.(it's also noted that X-51 has been staying with Stack for a while, he sees him like a son) Meanwhile, Abel Stack gives Aaron(X-51) his new face,("the number on my forehead is gone... and with the exception of my eyes... I - I don't look different anymore!") removes the bomb in him and sends Aaron off.("Anti-gravity... he solved the secret with amazing ease!") The bomb explodes and Abel Stack dies. All within 30 minutes of page 1.

In X-Men: First Class v2 #13, we have X-51 hanging out with Abel Stack, so this has to go before 2001 #8, but he already has a face. That's not too much of a problem; Abel does say it's his NEW face, meaning the one in 2001 #8 could be an improved version of the one in X: FC2 13, but we'll have to fudge the bit where Aaron is excited that the number on his face is gone...

So:

STACK, ABEL
X51 12-FB
*X: FC2 13
2001 8

MACHINE MAN/X-51/AARON STACK
*X: FC2 13
{2001 8}
2001 9
-Daron Jensen
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

Enda80 wrote:Lava Men appearances in JIM#97 and Avengers I#5.

Machine Man's appearance should not cause the granny knots in continuity that the Man-Thing appearance did.
I suspect it's the JIM#97 appearance and not the Avengers I#5. The rest of the Avengers are not mentioned in the flashback only Thor. Also this Lava Man spoke which is rare I gather. Did the Lava Men in the Avengers issue speak?
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

They were positive chatterboxes in the Avengers issue.
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

Somebody wrote:They were positive chatterboxes in the Avengers issue.
Just re-read it (Yay Essentials!). Definately not the story referred to in X:FC2 13. It must be the JIM 97 story they're talking about then.