ASM 387

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

cweed4
Big Bad
Big Bad

ASM 387

Post by cweed4 »

ASM 386-388 is the Lifetheft storyline that resolves the mystery of Peter Parker's "resurrected" parents. The current chronology lists a double entry for ASM 387 that I think needs some adjustment. I assume the time gap for the second entry is based on the final couple of pages in which Peter reveals his identity to the Richard & Mary robots. This gap is required because of MJ's brush w/ death in ASM 386 and her telling Peter about it in WOSM 111 (which needs to occur at some point during the Lifetheft timeframe).

Now, that all fits w/ Spidey's chronology until ASM 388. In that issue the robots report to Chameleon "within 24 hours" as per their programming. So, the problem is that the second lisiting for ASM 387 should not have more than a day's worth of stories between it and ASM 388. The only single day adventure during this point is S-M 44. Pushing the listing after the Web of Doom mini (which supposedly covers 6 weeks :hmmm: ) and PPTSS 209-210 is easy enough.

The other changes that would need to be made involve SMHS 1995/5-FB (which I have previously argued should be moved anyway) and Shroud 1&2. The only clues in the Shroud mini establishing a timeframe for Spidey come in issue 4 when Peter is lamenting the loss of his parents for a second time. The best fit then to move these entries would be after ASMU 5. In that comic, Spidey at one point laments why he hasn't gotten to face just a regular villain like Scorpion in a while (and, of course, that just so happens to be the villain in Shroud!).

So, here are the changes I suggest-

Spidey:
WOSM 111
SM:WD 1-FB
****** (ASM 387 moved)
SM:WD 1
SM:WD 2
SM:WD 3
PPTSS 209
PPTSS 210
SM:WD 3
***ASM 387***
S-M 44
****** (SMHS 1995/5-FB moved)
****** (SHROUD 1 moved)
****** (SHROUD 2 moved)
ASM 388
S-M 45-FB
S-M 45
ASM 388
S-M 45
PPTSS 211
WOSM 112
ASM 389
PPTSS 212
***ASMU 5***
***SHROUD 1***
***SHROUD 2***

SHROUD 4
***** (ASMU 5 moved)
NO2 3-FB

I don't think these minor adjustments would effect any other character entries.