Incredible Hulk movie

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

TheDeuce
Big Bad
Big Bad

Incredible Hulk movie

Post by TheDeuce »

i just saw it. i thought it was fantastic. what has everyone else thought?
Spoiler:
i thought the bit with Tony Stark near the end was cool. i'm glad to see that they're really trying to build up to this Avengers movie.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Incredible Hulk movie

Post by Col_Fury »

TheDeuce wrote:i thought it was fantastic.
Same here. :)

My only real complaint is that Sam Elliott wasn't Thunderbolt Ross. He was Awesome as Ross in the 2003 movie, and as good as William Hurt was in this new one I kept thinking that Elliot was perfect the last time. Not that it's really a complaint, Hurt was great, but there you go.

Besides that, Fantastic. :)
Spoiler:
Agreed. Nice to see the military relying on the SHIELD database, too. :)
-Daron Jensen
Agent of Shield
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Agent of Shield »

Decent film. All this Marvel mania in the movies is GREAT for Marvel Entertainment stock. I bought stock after the first X-Men movie and the value has done nothing but go up!
Spoiler:
In addition to the SHIELD and Tony Stark tie ins, they also talked about the Super Solder experiment during WWII. I think Marvel's on to something here by lacing all their movies with foreshadowing of events to come. It keeps this old fan boy eager for what's next. BTW - what do we think happend to Stan Lee after he drank the gamma juice?
TheDeuce
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by TheDeuce »

Spoiler:
i also noticed the Super Soldier reference and thought that was cool. i too like how the foreshadowing and tying together of movies that they're doing. though it's obviously so that they'll make big bucks when the Avengers movie comes out. still, i like it because it's much more comic book like.

i don't know what happened to Stan, but i cracked up at that part and i was happy to hear a surprising number of other people also laughing at him being the one that this happened to. perhaps they'll follow up on it in another film? lol.
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

Agent of Shield wrote:
Spoiler:
In addition to the SHIELD and Tony Stark tie ins, they also talked about the Super Solder experiment during WWII. I think Marvel's on to something here by lacing all their movies with foreshadowing of events to come. It keeps this old fan boy eager for what's next. BTW - what do we think happend to Stan Lee after he drank the gamma juice?
The director says the DVD will include 70 minutes cut from the film, including a scene dubbed too intense for younger viewers. The scene
Spoiler:
shows Banner attempting to kill himself by traveling to the Arctic Circle. That scene includes one hell of an Easter egg.
If what I've read is true, the DVD is worth whatever price, just for that scene.

watching: house
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
Starman
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Starman »

Finally saw The Incredible Hulk this last weekend. It was good. I liked how they snuck in the theme from the old live-action Hulk TV-series into the soundtrack, and loved Lou Ferrigno's appearence as a security guard.
Spoiler:
I got the impression that they took some inspiration from the Bruce Jones run with that Mr. Green and Mr. Blue stuff, and Emil Blonsky doing his acrobatic Captain America impersonation was cool. I also thought it was cool that the equipment used in the experiment was a close match to that used in the pilot of the 1978 TV series, right down to the targeting light sliding onto Banner's face. I was missing the Abomination's trademark ears though. I've always liked the look of those.
- Stefan
Pro Wrestling (NES):
The super space-traveller Star Man wears a mask and a costume with a color palette that no human being alive would be caught dead in. With his awesome back flip kick to the face and flying head butt, he's the fan-fave.