M/CP 39/4 movement?

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

cweed4
Big Bad
Big Bad

M/CP 39/4 movement?

Post by cweed4 »

Noticed that this Spidey appearance has recently shifted.

old
ASM 326
PPTSS 158
WOSM 59
ASM 327
M/CP 39/4
PPTSS 159

new
ASM 326
M/CP 39/4
PPTSS 158
WOSM 59
ASM 327
PPTSS 159

I could not find any thread discussions about it. This movement keeps it within the "Acts of Vengeance" storyline but places it before Spidey goes cosmic in PPTSS 158. Any particular reason for the move?
Somebody
Director
Director

Re: M/CP 39/4 movement?

Post by Somebody »

Because Spidey's clearly non-cosmic in it, and it avoids needing to give the Uni-Power a BTS now that it has an entry. (I suggested the move here.)
cweed4
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: M/CP 39/4 movement?

Post by cweed4 »

Dug out my copy for a quick read last night. The only continuity clues are Peter & MJ having their own place (making it post-WOSM 57 or way back to pre-ASM 314) and him being in graduate school (thus post-ASM 310). The story itself involves Peter taking a dive to let some college kids beat him. So, I don't see any evidence that he is non-cosmic since he pretty much isn't using his powers at all by letting the students get away.

I don't really disagree w/ the movement of this story but this seems to be a "better fit" change. Why not just move this in front of the entire "Acts of Vengeance" cross-over (which starts in ASM 326) for the "best fit"?