Xandarian Worldmind, Protector III, Adora

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Somebody
Director
Director

Xandarian Worldmind, Protector III, Adora

Post by Somebody »

The Worldmind doesn't currently have a listing, although it predates Annihilation (and yes, it's sentient). I can't swear this is an absolutely full listing, but having gone on a Nova-gathering spree recently, this is as complete a listing as I can give for now (square brackets used as per Key). (As for the names, it's "Computer-PRIME" in NO 8, "Living Computers of Xandar" in the FF and ROM appearances, then both "Living Computers" and "Xandarian Worldmind" are used in New Warriors, with the latter as the major name there and used exclusively in Annihilation & onward)

XANDARIAN WORLDMIND/COMPUTER-PRIME/LIVING COMPUTERS OF XANDAR [CLASS G COLLECTIVE ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE]
{NO 8}
FF 205
FF 206
FF 208
FF 209-BTS
ROM 24
NW 40-BTS
NW 41-BTS
NW 42
[ANN:PRO-BTS]
[ANN:NO 1]
[ANN:NO 2]
[ANN:NO 3-VO]
[ANN:NO 4-VO]
[ANN 2-BTS]
[NO4 1]
[NO4 2-VO]
[NO4 3-VO]
[NO4 4]
[NO4 5-VO]
[NO4 6-VO]
[NO4 7]
[NO4 8-VO]
[NO4 9]
[NO4 10-VO]
[NO@ 1-VO]
[NO4 11-VO]
[NO4 12]
[ANNCONQ 6-VO]
[NO4 13]
[NO4 14]
[NO4 15]

And while I'm going through this stuff, a couple of appearances missed for Protector III, and a real name, title and alien race... actually, it should probably be PRIME THORAN/THORAL RUL, with PROTECTOR III as the secondary name, since he's usually referred to as Prime Thoran outside of ROM 24. In addition, a completely unrelated being from NO 8-9 (a female energy being from one million years in the future) has been conflated into the listing and there's no PROTECTOR I or II listed.

PROTECTOR (number?)
NO 8-FB
NO 9

PRIME THORAN/THORAL RUL/PROTECTOR [XANDARIAN]
{FF 205}
*FF 206 (add)
FF 208
FF 209-BTS
ROM 24
*NW 42 (as Worldmind Memory Engram)

And ADORA and ADORA CLONE are oddly separated, with the resurrected Adora's listing starting out with the clone and then going back to the original for no particular reason. It's a resurrection, albeit in a cloned body, rather than a duplicate ala Ben Reilly, so I'd collapse it all to:

ADORA OF XANDAR [XANDARIAN] (Full name per ROM 24 (11:2:2). As for titles, Suzerain is used initially as her title, but it's later switched to Queen and finally to Prime Commandant, so... uh... pick one?)
FF 204-FB
{FF 204}
FF 205
FF 206
FF 208
FF 209
FF 214
ROM 24
A 260
NW 41
NW 42
NO2 1
NO2 14
NO2 15
NO2 17
NO2 18
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Xandarian Worldmind, Protector III, Adora

Post by metaldragon »

Somebody wrote: And ADORA and ADORA CLONE are oddly separated, with the resurrected Adora's listing starting out with the clone and then going back to the original for no particular reason. It's a resurrection, albeit in a cloned body, rather than a duplicate ala Ben Reilly, so I'd collapse it all to:

ADORA OF XANDAR [XANDARIAN] (Full name per ROM 24 (11:2:2). As for titles, Suzerain is used initially as her title, but it's later switched to Queen and finally to Prime Commandant, so... uh... pick one?)
FF 204-FB
{FF 204}
FF 205
FF 206
FF 208
FF 209
FF 214
ROM 24
A 260
NW 41
NW 42
NO2 1
NO2 14
NO2 15
NO2 17
NO2 18
This should probably parallel Professor X and Moondragon's situations where they are both clones of their original bodies with minds/(souls?) intact.
"May the Light shine forever!"
Enda80
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Enda80 »

Further examples include Kang, Maelstrom, some members of the Ovoid species, Phaeder, Arnim Zola, perhaps Baron Strucker (he was aware of the process of Zola), the Hate-Monger, Centurious, and the Red Skull (who actually had his mind at one point in a cloned body of Captain America, not a clone of his original body). So far as I know, none of these characters are treated as different from the point after the new body.
Last edited by Enda80 on Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

metaldragon wrote:This should probably parallel Professor X and Moondragon's situations where they are both clones of their original bodies with minds/(souls?) intact.
Indeed (well, Moondragon's dead again now - but then again, so is Adora). And as those listings aren't split, neither should Adora's be.
Enda80
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Enda80 »

Hey that reminds me, what about Machinesmith? Did his robots somehow manage to capture Starr Saxon's astral form and implant it in a robot? If not, then his soul has passed, and the robot/program calling itself Machinesmith is no more Starr Saxon than Master Mold is Stephen Lang (though that is not a perfectly analogous situation, as Lang still as far as I know remains alive as a vegetable on life support somewhere).

I have similar questions regarding Jake Fury/Scorpio.

It seems the astral form matters most for listing, since Kulan Gath made most of his appearances in the body of a person that he usurped with his astral form.

As I recall, the Marauders continually get slain, but Mister Sinister creates clones of them. Has he adapted the Elan/Zola process, or are those clones completely different characters?
Last edited by Somebody on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merging posts
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

Couple more appearances for Adora..

ADORA OF XANDAR [XANDARIAN]
FF 204-FB
{FF 204}
FF 205
FF 206
FF 208
FF 209
FF 214
ROM 24
**NO3 1-FB (10:1-10:4)
A 260
NW 41
NW 42
NO2 1
NO2 14
NO2 15
NO2 17
NO2 18
**NW2 6-FB (holorecording)

Depending on how absolutely precise you want to be, you may want to credit Firelord for NO3 1-FB (10:5) between A 260 (3:3) and (3:5) - it's an alternate-angle repeat of A 260 (3:4) for Adora, but Firelord was VO-only in the original, while he's fully on-panel in NO3 1-FB (10:5).

And while I'm mentioning Firelord, his alien race is given as "XANDAREAN", rather than XANDARIAN. Since it's the "Xandarian Worldmind", is "Xandarean" an alternate form?