Suggested move for M/TU 73

Post by newtron »

Spidey's current chronology:

SPIDER-MAN/PETER BENJAMIN PARKER
ASM 185/2
ASM 186
M/TU 73
PPTSS 24

In ASM 186, Spider-Man is cleared of all charges by the DA and the police. However, in M/TU 73 Spidey tells Professor Kerwin to wait until he, Spidey, has left before calling the cops. (Also, earlier, Spidey argues with a cop, but this seems to be about tying up traffic.) Spider-Man's request doesn't make a lot of sense unless he's still wanted, so I suggest that this would make more sense if M/TU 73 came before ASM 186 when Spidey was cleared. There doesn't seem to be anything preventing such a change for any of the characters involved.

SPIDER-MAN/PETER BENJAMIN PARKER
ASM 185/2
**M/TU 73**
ASM 186
PPTSS 24

I realize that this change isn't necessary, exactly. Because of that and the fact that the original ordering was based on the Official Marvel Index to Marvel Team-Up #4, I don't really expect the change to get incorporated into the main listing. I thought the suggestion might be useful/interesting to readers, though, for developing their own chronologies and reading orders.
the spider-man project: http://spiderman.whiskeyclone.net
TheDeuce
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: Suggested move for M/TU 73

Post by TheDeuce »

i've never understood sticking to the Official Marvel Index when there's blatant inconsistencies. example: M/TU@ 1 & M/TU 53. solve that one and you'll've done me a favor.
cweed4
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: Suggested move for M/TU 73

Post by cweed4 »

The comment by Spidey at the end almost seems like a throwaway line. He hasn't exactly had a warm relationship with the police throughout his costumed career. Plus, considering he just got cleared in ASM 186, by verbally abusing a cop after causing a traffic jam and seeing the Owl left in a vegetative state he probably doesn't want to push his luck and stick around.