Page 12

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

rhod
Big Bad
Big Bad

Page 12

Post by rhod »

Hi everybody, wonder if someone can answer a question that's been bugging me for a while?

I've noticed a number of times over the years but noticed it again when reading Essential Captain Marvel this week - the page numbering in the late 60s/early 70s tends to skip page 12, pretty much every issue.
The first time I noticed it I thought maybe they'd cut a page out in the reprint but it seems far-fetched that they'd cut the same page from each issue.

Anyone know what this is all about?
"What no ten-dollar words? No witty repartee? Aren't you gonna do anything other than bleed?" - Victor Creed XF125
JD
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Page 12

Post by JD »

Given the time period, this may be related to the fact that Marvel ran half-page ads in that time period... Meaning that in reprints, "page 12" would actually be the top half of "page 13".

I've just picked a random comic from 1971 (DD 72, reprinted in ESSENTIAL DD vol. 3), and I do see the phenomenon : the top half of "page 13" is actually "page 12".
cweed4
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by cweed4 »

***rummages through closet***

Now where did I stick that no-prize?
rhod
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by rhod »

Thanks cweed4!
"What no ten-dollar words? No witty repartee? Aren't you gonna do anything other than bleed?" - Victor Creed XF125